New to message board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gsspr222@aol.com, Mar 7, 2003.

1. gsspr222@aol.com

gsspr222@aol.com New Member

Hi everyone! I/ve been reading some of the messages you posted and find it very interesting. I have fms and ankylosing apondylitis. Is there anyone out there with these diagnoses? I have been having alot of trouble lately and just can't seem to get feeling better. Have any of you ever noticed your symptoms increasing when the weather gets read cold or if it's windy out? My body really seems to react to weather changes. I feel so alone when I have the physical problems. Seems like everyone I know has good health and is able to just live their lives without worrying about what they're going to feel like tomorrow or next week. It's so hard to make plans and follow through with them. I feel so misunderstood. I do appreciate this website now that I've found it. Does anybody have these feelings too??

Thanks,
    Geri
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Geri, welcome to our world. Glad you found our board.

Yes, I think we all have problems with others that are not ill. It is hard for people to understand that we can't make longterm plans, or even from morning till evening sometimes.

I have Fibro, and lately have been feeling almost normal, but I have had times when I could not get out of the bed for more than a few minutes at a time.

Just stopped to welcome you, and hope you enjoy being with us, we have a lot of great people here.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. gsspr222@aol.com

gsspr222@aol.com New Member

Shirley,

Thanks for your message. I'm glad to hear that you have been feeling better lately. It gives me hope! It seems like whenever I get into these flareups I feel like they're going to be around forever. I'm sure you do too! Anyway, it's nice to hear from someone who really understands firsthand.

Bye!
    Geri
  4. DebP

DebP New Member

Just wanted to say hi, and welcome you to the board....there are lots of great people here and tons of info!! You found the right place...:)

DebP
  5. KarenL47520

KarenL47520 New Member

You are in the right place and know that you are among friends. We know what you are talking about. I too have had a lot of trouble following through with plans and appointments because of may pain and the fatigue. Some days you just feel too darn rotten to even live much less get out and about and do things. And yes I think the weather has an effect on us; is does me. I have arthritis in my knee (have had 4 surgeries on it) arthritis in my lower spine along with degenerative disc disease, left elbow hurts like crazy when weather changes, had surgery on it for ulnar nerve entrapment and now neck is starting to bother me when weather changes are coming, I had a diskectomy, bone grafting and hardware placement in Jan. of this year. So I share in your aches and pains.

My email addy is in my bio if you want someone to talk with. Click on my name beside my reply and it will bring up my bio and in there you will find my email addy.

Karen
  6. ozgran

ozgran New Member

I have troubles with heat rather than cold. Always did but is worse now I have FM. Not much help to you but just wanted to say welcome. AND I assure you you are not alone when you have this board.Love Ozgran.
  7. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Welcome, I have had fibro for about 5 years and a host of other illnesses. It's very hard to find support from family and friends, I totally understand. Most of the people that I thought were my best friends have pretty much abandoned me because I can't keep up with thier busy lifestyles anymore. I just found this website myself yesterday and I have and an overwhelming response and support already. After going at it alone for the past few months its a welcome change. Best Wishes

hugs,
    Jeanna
  8. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi Geri~~You have just found a second family and a whole new world of friends who understand and relate to everything you said in your post.

I am 53 and have had FM/CFS since I was 15. I also have degenerative disc disease with multiple back problems and nerve damage; osteo/psoriatic/rheumatoid arthritis; IBS [irritable bowel syndrome]; severe asthma/allergies, and have been battling recurrent sinus infections for the past year.

We all know how frustrating, often depressing, and debilitating FM/CFS is. We watch our friends passing us by in life still filled with their vitality, energy, activity, and passion for life when it is difficult for us to know from one hour to the next how we're going to be feeling or somedays if can even get out of bed.

Many here are on disability; others are struggling to get disability; many cannot work; others (like me) are forced to keep working in order to support ourselves; a few are able to hold down full time jobs, but it takes an enormous toll on them. I work 3 days a week and find it very difficult to do that. However, I have no choice. We grieve for the loss of our old selves--and that is a process all of us have to go through sooner or later. We eventually have to come to terms with this illness, and that can take some time.

While others do not understand what is wrong with you, why you've changed, why you can look fine yet say you are too sick to do things~~~here you will find treasure chest of friends, unbelieveable support, understanding, compassion, tons of information, education, and personal experience.

Welcome Geri and feel free to ask any questions you want, to respond to any posts, to rage, cry, laugh, share, express yourself, BE yourself, and even indulge in the occasional self-pity from time to time. HERE you find ACCEPTANCE, geniune care & concern, help, and a 24 hour a day lifeline.....for even in the wee hours of the morning when you can't sleep--there is usually someone on the Board going through the same thing.

So glad you joined us. You'll never be alone again. Blessings to you, Carol...