NEW TO MESSAGE BOARDS.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat58, Aug 8, 2005.

1. kat58

kat58 New Member

Hello everyone...I am new to your message boards....I hope to get to know all of you and learn more about what I can do to manage this "monster" fibromyalgia...KAT58
  2. rosed2

rosed2 New Member

and I know you will learn alot here one of the things you will learn is that everyone handles this DD different. some things that work for me may not work for you. If you have questions ask away and everyone will try their best to help.

Hugs
    Rosed
  3. yuckie

yuckie New Member

Welcome to the board. I'm like you, just trying to figure out how to manage. I've found this group to be very supportive and knowledgable. Often times, the only place that understands me.
  4. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

This board has been a lifeline to me in the area of research and support.

The best thing, in my opinion, is that you can come here with symptoms no doc has ever heard of and find out if it is a symptom of FM or not.

Real people with this very real dd who know what it does and what is abnormal. I don't mean that this should replace your doctor and people will be quick to tell you not to blame everything on FM and to get some things checked out, but some things I think docs just don't know because even if they treat people with it they don't hear about it.

I have 2 examples. One is when I got prescription glasses because the vision in my left eye was blurry and 2 weeks later it was fine. I came here asked if I was crazy, found out that changing vision is part of FM and went on about my business (rather than sink more money into the black hole of the eye doctor, after all I now have $154 glasses that I can't use!!! Now I get reading glasses from the dollar tree!

The other example is light sensitivity. Florescents were killing me. Many, many of us have this problem. I had many confimations of this here. I went to the doc to get some Klonopin (advice from the board for this problem), cut to the punch line, rheumy who says he has 30 FM patients said, hmmm, I never heard of that!!!! LOL

Sonya
  5. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

Just stopping to say hi.
    M
  6. taliscliff

taliscliff New Member

Hi I am new here too was diagnosed in January this year but my gp thinks I have had it t least 3/4 years. Hope I will be able to learn more here and hopefully try to continue working......at present off sick and with an occupational health doc who does not believe in FM......who I will see tomorrow......hope we can exchange notes sometimes Kat and that you get what you need from here
    Mary
  7. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Hi Kat welcome. All the info here is overwhelming but you will be an FM pro before you know it. Glad your here! Most everyone is friendly and helpful. Try to put a specific title in your posts for more responses and don't take it personally if you don't get many. Just bump it up and you will get an answer. Read the messagebaord rules they are helpful. Take Care Lynn
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Welcome! You'll find a lot of really nice and generous people here. I probably spend more time reading here than I do posting.

I also, have FM. You can check out my profile by clicking on my username that is on the left side in blue. Give it a few seconds and it will take you to profiles.

Hugs,
    Faye
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad to have you join us. Yes, this is a monster we have!

Again, welcome and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl