New to Post..But not to FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by catsii, Aug 6, 2003.

1. catsii

catsii New Member

I just joined..if that is correct term... the post couple days ago. Have already found some helpul insights. Just knowing that others suffer some of the same problems is a comfort, since we can relate to each other. That is so important to me. I have only couple friends that seem to understand I really suffer from this stuff ! I know that I, like many of you, suffered long long time before the diagnosis came (10 years ago for me).
    I am wondering if i'm only one who seems to blame each malady that comes to me on FMS ?

catsii
  2. averilpam

averilpam New Member

welcome to our 'family'

it's a fine line isn't it between risking ignoring potentially serious problems by assuming they are part of fms, and feeling like a hypochondriac, dashing to the doctor all the time!!

pam
  3. catsii

catsii New Member

Pam, Thank you so much for the welcome ! And yes, you hit the nail on the head..about the hypochondria insults..and seeing the doc when any little thing arises ! But so afraid to ignore thinking by off chance it is something different !

Catsii
    [This Message was Edited on 08/06/2003]
  4. BabsFl

BabsFl New Member

Welcome to our family!!

For fear of everyone thinking I am a hypo..I do blame everything on the dd..I feel like if I go to the doctor for this pain or that one..they are going to blame it on dd anyway so I feel I am wasting thier time and my own...

I hope that never backfires on me..It would be awful for a serious illness to be over looked....

Again welcome
    Barb