new to relafen

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by backpain, Aug 7, 2005.

1. backpain

backpain New Member

just wondering how people like relafen. can you take tylenol with it? i was told no ibuprofen. i have had a mild headache. it has seemed to help but i have also done very little as i am on vacation. normally i work at a desk, computer and after a few hours i am so stiff.
    i have not used the relafen yet while being active.
    i also do not have much energy.
    taking celexa for depression. i guess i am kind of going through a midlife crisis. discovering that i dont have the same youthfull body. i am 54. i am known to have depressions, but i usually snap out of them in time. so i am hopeful.
  2. jinlee

jinlee Member

I took Relafen for 9 months for arthritis issues, DDD and fibro stuff. It did not work and really messed my stomach up. It causes bleeding in many people, not a drug to be taken lightly. If you take it, please have doctor prescribe omeprazole with it so your stomach will survive.<BR>
    <BR>
    My new doc has advised taking Meriva, an OTC curcumin that is made more useable for your body. She recommend only Meriva by Thorne research. Doc uses it for herself and highly recommends it for inflammation (she does not sell it and is an integrative MD).<BR>
    <BR>
    Good luck jam with whatever you try cause the pain is no fun.<BR>
    <BR>
    Jin
  3. jinlee

jinlee Member

Jam, to answer your question, the Relafen gave me an ulcer as well as caused much intestinal discomfort. It took a good year to get back to normal so don't want to go that route again.<BR>
    <BR>
    I have only been on the Meriva for a week so don't know if it works yet. I take it with food and no problem with stomach pain. I take it twice a day and it is time-released so is available to body most the day.<BR>
    <BR>
    I am trying it before i go on the Butrans patch, which doc also recommended as this patch isn't as addictive as other pharmaceuticals, kind of like tramadol but stronger.<BR>
    <BR>
    My arthritis pain is in my right hip, c-spine, fingers, shoulders. Some days I think the Meriva helps then like today, I am not sure. I also went on a gluten-free diet and this helped the pain quite a bit.<BR>
    <BR>
    Hope you find some relief cause this isn't fun! I wish I was bionic and could get replacement parts easily! (Haven't found surgery to be the answer, so avoiding having anymore).<BR>
    <BR>
    Jin.<BR>
    <BR>