new to relafen

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by backpain, Aug 7, 2005.

1. backpain

backpain New Member

just wondering how people like relafen. can you take tylenol with it? i was told no ibuprofen. i have had a mild headache. it has seemed to help but i have also done very little as i am on vacation. normally i work at a desk, computer and after a few hours i am so stiff.
    i have not used the relafen yet while being active.
    i also do not have much energy.
    taking celexa for depression. i guess i am kind of going through a midlife crisis. discovering that i dont have the same youthfull body. i am 54. i am known to have depressions, but i usually snap out of them in time. so i am hopeful.
  2. backpain

backpain New Member

just wondering how to bump to the top?
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Just wrote a note to tell you I didn't know about this med, and then hit the wrong button and everything was gone. Drat! I hate when Ido that.

Just wondered what it is supposed to do, what it is for? I think I'll look it up on the net.

Glad you are feeling a bit better!
    Sue
  4. proteinlady

proteinlady New Member

I've been on it for almost 10 yrs. It has drastically reduced my pain level. It's a NSAID - that's why you can't take ibuprofen with it. You can take tylenol with it. If it works for you, make sure your doc checks your liver and kidney function at least twice a year.
  5. backpain

backpain New Member

thanks for your reply proteinlady.........i had a headache this weekend after just starting the drug and called my doc but he is not in till monday so i feel a little safer taking a tylenol.

i would enjoy hearing from anyone that has arthritis in the back and what kind of excercise helps and any beds or chairs that help too.
  6. backpain

backpain New Member

chocolat

i dont need relafen to eat like a horse i do that very well on my own. but i wish i could lose 20 pounds cause i think that would help the back.
    oh well........its just a daily battle.
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

I tried it for my arthritis, but it did nothing for me. My doc changed me to Orudis. It really doesn't do anything for me either, and I told the doc that but he wants me to stay on it to help lower my inflammation.

I'm 54 also! I know what you mean about discovering that you no longer have the same youthful body!! Unfortunately, I found that out years ago! LOL

Have you tried Cymbalta for depression? It also helps alot with nerve pain, which helps my fibro pain a lot.