New to sight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by, Nov 29, 2009.

1. I would like to talk.
    I just left a seven year relationship and I am feeling alone right now. He just called for the second time this morning. The second conversation didn't go so well.
    I got me a new apartment with new furniture and all of the fixings, I even got a cat.
    I have not worked for a while and know that I need a job so that I can occupy my mind with other thoughts than the feelings I feel toward this man.

The relationship was not healthy and I cannot be around him anymore, so I asked him what he wanted from me? I have nothing left to give him, I gave him all that I had, so what's left for him?

Yes, I do feel alone and the people that I know all work and have lives, so I feel uncomfortable calling them. I don't have much to say.

I have two grown children, one f which spent time in Iraq and Afghanastan. I was in Hurricane Ike and I have lived like a hermit for far too long.

Does anyone feel like talking?[This Message was Edited on 11/29/2009]
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Welcome to the chit-chat board!,,,,,Your situation sounds familiar to alot of us here,,,,,,It's better to have your peace of mind than to be in an unhealthy relationship!,,,,,Hope things will smooth out for you soon!,,,,This is jmhop,,,but maybe it's better not to have contact with this guy for awhile ,,,,,,goodluck and yep we can talk!,,,,,,sisland
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I'm on the Depression Board. I'm glad you left a relationship that was not healthy because it ruins your self esteem and your self worth. If he continues to call, tell him not to call again and hang up, then change your phone number and then make sure it is unlisted and he does not get the new number. That will start to get this toxic person out of your life.

There are wonderful local Depression support groups that you can attend for free and they can help you on picking up your self esteem, self worth and helping you build up self confidence to get you back out in the world.

Another big help is volunteering. Volunteering to help others is such a wonderful thing to do and you not only help others, but you begin to feel good about yourself for helping others.

Don't give up and many hugs.
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad to have you join us. Yes, you sure can talk here lots of wonderful people to be friends with, a lot of us can relate to your situation too.

I hope your son is fine, and out of the wars now. I always pray for those young people in harms way.

If I told you my story with a 37 year marriage you would not believe it! Its way too long to write here, its a 'book' to say the least. I know how you feel, but you, believe it or not are better off leaving now. Its horrilbe living with someone you do not get along with. It simply drains you.

Glad you got a cat for company, animals are wonderful help for us lonely people. I have two dogs, one is an American Bulldog 110lbs, the other is a little gal that is all of 10lbs. But they are my best companions. I would not know what to do without them.

I suggest you find a job, it will keep you occupied, and hopefully you will find some nice man.

I wish I could go to work, but having FM and CFC, its not possible. I am alone all the time.

My three children are grown, and my son's live in another state, so do not see them often. My daughter is a realestate agent, and is always on the run, including weekends. So I am pretty much left to myself.

You said you went through hurrican Ike, are you in Florida or Louisiana? I went through so many hurricanes last year or so, other than Katrina, Gustof and Rita I lost track of names! I was alone with four of them, then we had 18" of snow in Louisiana and that was a killer in this area!

The snow did more damage than then the hurricanes to my trees and house. I hope I never see snow again! Not to mention that I got bronical asthma from the snow.

Yes, you do lose tract of friends, and then you feel guilty calling them after a long time. But sometimes they are glad to hear from you. Give it a try! Yes, I know what you mean, I live like a hermit too :)

I hope things work out well for you, and please come back often here, the members are truly a lovely bunch of people and many can relate to your situation.

Again, welcome!

Shalom, Shirl

5. jole

jole Member

And we do understand....there is a great bunch of caring people on this board, and most of us have been through a lot. Perhaps not all of us the same as your situation, but a lot. We understand each other's pain and suffering, and each other's small accomplishments and joys.

A lot of us live very quiet lives...I leave home only for doc appointments and a rare visit with my kids. Otherwise the people here have become my lifeline, and my other family. So stay around and get to know us, and you will have a lot of new friends to care about, and who will care for you.

I worked hard, raised 5 kids, was a nurse, and my life came to a stand-still 7 years ago. Story similar to many others...........with lots of depression over having to start over with an entirely new identity, much pain, insomnia, cognitive dysfunction, muscle spasms and weakness, tremors, etc. etc. I have FM/CFS, same as many here.

Your life right now sounds very painful emotionally, but I'm betting you're strong enough to weather it and come out a better person! Remember, we're here for you, okay.......Jole
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

So much that has been said is so true so I won't repeat it all. May this be a great new start for you. Glad you are out of that relationshisp. One an my DD's finally got out of an abusive relationship( not physical that I know of). She has 3 children and it has been very difficult for her but she is doing pretty well all things considered. EVERYTHING was her fault of course and she was mentally abused and given little money for her or the kids.

It is a very long story but it was best to get out and try and strat over, even if it is not the easiest thing to do, esp when you have little or no money. At least she has some money even if most of it goes to child care. She has an 8 year old finally in remission from Leukemia and a 14 year old who is LD and so she cannot leave him alone. The 19 year old is all screwed up and hasn't a clue after he graduation HS last year. He is with the father (lazy) and his new wife for awhile . He was going to go into the Air Force which would be great for him but he is about 15 pounds to lite. Things have and still not easy for her but she is so happy not be with her x anymore.

Sorry for my sad tale but I know you can do it if my daughter can. She is working at a nearby hospital verifying insurances, etc.

Please keep us updated and yes, as Jole and others have said this is a great board and can help you a lot !!

Hugs and Blessings to you my dear,

7. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Welcome to this board! Hope you find the support you deserve on this website, I am a veteran member here and can attest that this is a wonderful site. You can bump your posts to the top if need be. Not everyone has the energy to type to everyone, so there may be times you'll receive less replies. Being assertive helped me out a lot on here.

Please don't forget to thank the Prohealth moderators and creators for this wonderful site! Hope you find all you are looking for.

Fight4acure :)
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I agree this is a wonderful board. You will get lots of great responses I am sure although this is such a busy time for all of us. Maybe when things slow down after the holidays.

So sorry for your recent breakup, especially since you with him so long. Keep on bumping your post as time goes on, if you need some more responses.

God bless you !