new to site and cfsfm just saying hi

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gladone, May 3, 2006.

1. gladone

gladone New Member

Hello All,

After living with pain for the last five years due to a bad fall in which I fractered my L-5,pelvis and right hip. I have just been told that I have CFS, FM, and restless leg syn. I'm still in the whirlwind of what this all means to my life and outlook.

I have learned to cope with pain through med's and stretching in the past but as of late it seems to be getting much worse. Is this normal?

As for advise, is there any books that I can read or any other info that has helped anyone reading this message that they wish to share.

Thanks Bunches!!!
    Gladone

2. srh

srh New Member

So glad you found the board. Welcome. It has been a lifesaver for me.

Loads of info and kindness. So sorry you have this DD's. There is lots of info & articles in the library on this site. Also FM Aware and Research among a lot of other sites.

Mine has gotten worse also. But everyone is a little different I think. Some have the same symtoms and some have totally different.

Welcome again and I'm glad you found this so fast. I wish I would have.

Hugs.....
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

The pain you feel after exercizing is normal. It is called post exertional malaise. Our muscles don't relax after tensing like healthy people's muscles do. Some have found relief by stretching, but others can't even do that. (I can't) I'm trying tai chi now. It's much gentler.

A good book that I liked is "Fibromyalgia for Dummies". It is down to earth, and explains things so we can understand it.

Hope this helps.

God Bless.

PS: Fill in your profile so we can get to know you. To read others, just click on the name to the left.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Lots of info here. Nice people too.
  5. gladone

gladone New Member

Hey again,

Thanks for the words of welcome. I am happy to have a place to chat with people who understand what I am feeling. Having others who validate and know that this is a very real illness with very real life altering effects is uplifting. I look forward to chatting up a storm in the future. I have updated my profile as requested.

Thanks,
    Gladone