new to site but not to illness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LouiseK, May 1, 2006.

1. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Hi

I am new to the site and am looking for others who live in the Los Angeles area who can recommend good doctors, nutritionists, massage therapists, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. I have really found no one useful and continue to rely on my poor family care doctor who knows less than nothing about all this but tries to help me out with my own suggestions . . .

Thanks.
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

hi there second of all....

go up to the purple tab part up to the top of this board and press on doctor...it may have someon in your area....

jodie
  3. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Thank you all for your responses. I went to Dr. Holtorf once but was scared away when he prescribed prednisone (no blood work first) and Mirapex (a medication for Parkinson's disease). I knew they were very bold in treating but I wasn't ready to start messing with my already delicate system like that.

I have heard about Silverman although he seems to be very focused on FM as so many of those Rheumatologists over at Cedars seem to be -- like Wallace and Bluestone.

Anyway, today I'm going to see on of the Cedars people for the first time- Dr. Hilegua.

I know that guy from the East/West Clinic too -- I was just too tired to drive down there for a fifteen minute massage. However, if whoever brought him up to me is interested, I know where he has his office and you can get a longer appointment.

Thanks for all your responses -- keep them coming.