New to site: Homeopathic/Natural ways to treat Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hopelessmc, Apr 30, 2006.

1. hopelessmc

hopelessmc New Member

I too have about had it with the MD's that don't understand and the meds that don't work and have bad side effects. I'm sure y'all have talked about this many times before, but any suggestions would be greatly suggested. I see my MD tomorrow and I just keep getting worse after 21 years of dealing with this horrible illness and it's cohorts: IBS, TMJ, migraines, sleep disorders, heart palpatations, Polycystic Ovarian Disease, allergies, chronic fatigue, hypoglycemia, esophageal spasms, loss of coordination, adrenal gland dysfunction - you know the drill. I'm just desperate for some other suggestions, wchich my MD calls "voodoo medicine" - voodoo or not, his treatment isn't working and I will try anything at this point or I don't know how much longer I can go on!!!!!

Please help!!! Hope
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

Know what you mean about the doctors. It usually takes a few tries to sometimes find the right doctor. Make sure that you go to a doctor that believes in and treats fibro. not just someone that says they do. This is very frustrating. Have you tried tramadol(generic for ultram) If not search it on this site and read about it. It has helped a lot of people, but some it has not. It has helped me w/ the pain a lot. Just a suggestion. Also wanted to welcome you to this board. You will enjoy the caring people here. You have come to the right place for support.

Kriket
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

Just realized you were trying to find homeopathic solutions. Fibrofog!!!!

Kriket
  4. hopelessmc

hopelessmc New Member

Thanks for your attention and welcoming, too. I am currently on ultram. It sometimes takes that edge off, but others nothing at all; and definitely not for the level of pain I'm in. But I appreciate your response - good luck with your recovery, too!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/30/2006]
  5. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Maybe another MD could help you more? Sounds like this one's done everything he knows to help you, but it's not getting anywhere. It's okay to change doctors.

If you want to work without drugs, there may be a skilled naturopathic or integrative physician in your area who can help you. Their approach is very different from an MD, and they're likely to be helpful. Naturopathy is a combination of good sense and good science, so you're doctor's claim that anything other than allopathy is "voodoo" is unfounded.

It may work out easier in the long run to use a qualified naturopath than to try to navigate the maze of diets and suppliments on your own, though many natural things are safe to try on your own if you're careful and do your research. Keep on comming here too. We've tried just about everything, and are full of information. (Not me though, I'm just a kid. lolol)

There are a few things that seem to work well for everyone here. One is "the shake." It's a breakfast drink that helps with mood and fatigue. It's cheap and you can make it at home. You can look it up in the search box. Many here would reccomend a simple, fairly natural diet: nothing processed, no refined sugars or flours, lots of raw vegetables, whole grains, high potein, and lots of water.

I'm sorry you are so sick! You sound very motivated, and I'm sure you'll get some improvement with trying new things! Keep on telling us how you're doing.

((((welcome to the site!)))) Look forward to hearing more from you! (( )) Shannon

6. limbo

limbo Member

Hopelessmc
    I started homeopathic about a month ago, my docter is a MD and DO. Over half his patients have this dd. He tested me with special equipment on my hand and feet, and I'm on meds for enviroment, adrenal, fatigue, insomnia, and their are good signs already. But I've known this dr. for years, so I trust him. It is a treatment from Germany. I was at the point where I wasn't able to function and I am older, 69 and can't afford FFC. It is genetic in my family, so have hope on these latest research, but know the of the mishandling of funding with the CDC. I have had signs of this dd coming on for 30 or more years in hindsight. Hope this helps. Limbo
    [This Message was Edited on 05/01/2006]
  7. BethM

BethM New Member

So many of us here will agree with with you! I don't have a lot to add to what's been said already, other than check out Stormyskye's posts and threads, and keep your diet simple and 'clean'.

I'm home from work today with a flare, and need to reflect on the last week to see what I need to change.

I think you will find lots of support and information here.

Peace,
    Beth.