New to site...kind of

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tiredjenni, Jun 15, 2006.

1. tiredjenni

tiredjenni New Member

I posted a couple messages on this board about a year ago. I am not sure why I stopped, but I find myself back here again, thankfully. I have FM and endometriosis. I am currently taking celebrex, for FM and I am also on Lupron Depo, for endometriosis (which makes my FM worse). Has anyone tried any treatments, alternative or not, that has truly helped their FM? I really cannot find anything that really helps me. I feel like I am lost in a sea of pain and no one can get me out. I am sorry to seem so frustrated, but I cannot be the only FM person who feels this way. Any advice would help.
  2. janieb

janieb New Member

I tried lots of doctors before they hit on Tramadol. Don't know what I would do without it.

I'm kind of new, too, so don't have any great advice for you, but Mikie and some of the others have been very helpful for me.

Blessings,

Janieb
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, but glad you came back to this site.

I've been in a major flare for almost 2 years. I'm determined to try my best to get better this year so I've made some changes in my life.

Some were small changes, I stopped using so many processed foods (potatoes aren't supposed to come out of a box). I stopped using Aspartame products (wasn't easy, you really have to root them out).

I started eating tons of fruits and veggies too. (more natural foods, closer to the earth)

I also quit smoking after 30 years of heavy, heavy smoking.

Then I started getting down to basics. (By then after these changes, I was seeing small improvements in my health and my hypothyroid meds were beginning to work)

I had started taking a balanced magnesium/calcium/zinc supplement about a year ago which helped so much with my fibro fog and it helps tremendously with muscle pain.

In the past two weeks I've noticed a huge improvement after beginning to take the Pro Health Fibro Complete with Malic Acid multivitamin. It's just a daily vitamin but it's an excellent one and it's helped me a great deal.

It might seem expensive at first but I've figured out that since I no longer need many of my individual vitamins, it's really not expensive at all.

So, many (or most) of these things are pretty basic but they are helping me a lot!!!! Sometimes I think we need to start at the beginning to see where we're really going.

In my opinion, the Fibro Complete Multi is a really good place to start. (I also have another thread on it and how it helped me)

Nancy B.
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad you decided to come back. My FM is in remission right now, but I have been taking ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B-6) for about four years now. I sleep better, it helped with the pain, and actually cured the RLS.

You got some good advice from the others as well.

Go to the 'Store' link at the top of this page, and read about the ZMA and other supplements that were mentioned here.

Hope you get some relief soon, I sure know how that pain is. I have had FM for over 20 years now.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. tiredjenni

tiredjenni New Member

All of your information has been helpful. One of my problems with taking certain vitamins is that my husband and I are going to try to get pregnant after I am done with my Lopron. We have had problems getting pregnant for two and a half years. I do not want to get on any medication or vitamin that I cannot take during pregnancy, so I have a bit of delima there. You have all been so helpful, thank you for all the advice.
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have a slew of things...not life threaten just a pain in the arse is all...read my bio....

i do not have endometreosism but i have dealt w/ovarian cysts at a young age...surgeries and all..i did have a healthy baby...he is now 16 years old...

i hope your wish comes true w/having a healthy baby...but i do not think there really is a bad vitamin you could take for concieving a baby...i last new the really encourage healthy woman trying to conceive to take your vitamins and a certain amount of folic acid...

you can always call up or email your ob/gyno and ask if this would be ok to take...until the baby is conceived and during the pregnancy....

i know there are other women on this site who have had/have endometreoisis...i would post a topic about endo and trying to conceive anys suggestions from anyone there has been there...

you may get some more responses...

saying hi

jodie
  7. WendyC

WendyC New Member

went on Lupron, synarel, laser surgery. It always came back, worse than ever. The one thing that worked so that I am completely without any period pain is the progesterone creme that I put on my arms. FFC prescribed it and it works like a dream. I wish I had done this years before. I am 46 and have suffered with this for many years.

wendyc