New to site since Monday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wle, Aug 1, 2003.

1. wle

wle New Member

After my Dr. appointment on Monday I began to research FM. It is looking more and more like this is why I feel so rotten ALL the time. I have a nephew with FM and my sister tells me there is a test. Can anyone tell me about it so that I can request it when I go back to the Dr. on Wednesday. I am going to request something to help with deep sleep to begin with. I think if I got a good night's rest once in a while I would feel better. Any suggestions on what to ask or tell my Dr. I need help.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. I am not aware of any test for FM other then the 'Trigger Points' for pain. Most tests are designed to rule out other illnesses.

As for sleep, I would highly recommend a supplement called; ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6), it is the only thing in a life time that has helped me with deep sleep every night now for 18 months.

Others here take Klonopin (prescription)along with the ZMA and have good results also. If you go to the 'Home' page you can read about Dr. Cheney's results with Klonopin and Fm/CFS.

I do take a low dose of Xanax (0.25 mgs) for 'racing brain syndrome' in the evening, but it is the ZMA that is keeping me sleeping for 7-8 hours a night.

You can go read more about ZMA at the 'Store' link here if you like.

Deep sleep is the key to getting some relief from FM, there is no doubt about that.

Others will be sharing with you also.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

3. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Hi,forgive typinhg :}.madwolf has a post about how to talk w/dr like your situatuon.you can pull it up using search window.i do not have best care at present,so my advise other than that given would not b good.Many Great people will help you! peace,lisa
  4. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Welcome again,I thought more responses would come you way during weekend.ence,the *bump*. Good Luck,L

[ advertisement ]