New to site

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Thumper2214, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Thumper2214

Thumper2214 New Member

Ok. I'll try this again. I'm new to this site so pardon me please. I was diagnosed with CFS about 3 yrs. ago and I also have osteoarthritis in my lower spine. I have had pain here and there before I was diagnosed. I try to stay busy but I suffer quit a bit. Some days are good and some days are bad. My muscles stay so tight all the time. Sometimes I feel like I need a walker to get up and about. Not even 40 yet and feel like I'm 50. Boy isn't life fun. My doctor is trying to get me straightened out but I think I have to many wrinkles.... LOL Prayers for all. Night
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad to have you join us. But am sorry you have CFS and arthritis to deal with. One is more than enough for anyone.

Most of us live with the good days and bad days around here, most common comment we make!

Again, welcome, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

Yep ! I too love your name. Brings back great memories!

Welcome......You'll find all kinds of information, kindness and support. There are continous posts on the latest research, treatments amd medications....whether natural or more traditional. When your down, angry, sad or happy about having a good day.....there is always someone here to cheer you on, pick you up, or cheer with you.

Some of the most expert medical personnel in the FM/CFS community have stressed the importance of belonging to a support group to help you through the toughness of living with a chronic illness. They are so right!!!

Glad you're here........Talk soon,

Elsa
  4. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Just wanted to give you a big warm welcome to a great board with lots of caring, understanding and supportive people.

Hugs
    Bluerose
  5. young_gran44

young_gran44 New Member

hi i am also new to site. i stumbled upon it while trying to research my reported lab results for ebv. i was in bed for about 5 months several years ago and was so bad off i didn't know what to do. i fought and fought and finally got myself back to functioning. i am currently fighting again to keep myself going.
  6. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Glad to have you both here, sorry that pain led you here though.

Thumper, I can identify with you about the spine problems. I have them too, as well as fibro. Do you take anything to relax your muscles.

Sometimes, feels like mine are going to bunch up and fly off my body. Hmmmm, might feel better if they did fly off? Never thought of that.

Have you had Physcial therapy Thumper?

7. lilbird

lilbird New Member

This is a great site with loads of information. If it were not for this place I would still be in bed 24/7 but because of the great help I have gotten here I am getting better. Very slowly, but better.

Cathy
  8. nina2

nina2 New Member

You'll find a great bunch of folks here.

Happy to have you join us , I know you'll be happy here.
    nina
  9. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

welcome to the board i have fm,cfs and i am a dog geek lol
    i am 2d arnt i!
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

so glad you found us~
    I love your humor!(too many wrinkles.)lol
    I kinda doubt it. your awful young :)
    Heck feeling like 50 is putting it mildly I think.
    I always say I feel like and elderly.(like 75-80)
    its not pretty.
    hate to see what a few more yrs bring.
    hope you like the board~
    Its helped me a great deal over the yrs.
    I guess misery loves company.?? is that how the saying goes?
    Hugs
    Tandy
  11. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

nice to have you,hope you get the unfo. you need because i have,there`s alot of great people out there that have great advice,,,gmom
  12. Thumper2214

Thumper2214 New Member

My dr. said that I have muscles like guys who work out except mine are tight with out having to work out. hope you feel better soon too.
  13. Thumper2214

Thumper2214 New Member

Thank you for the welcome note. Thanks for letting me know you like my humor, but I really feel like I have to many wrinkles. I read your profile and I too had endometreosis. I also had fibroids. My GYN took care of all that last year. Complete histerectomy. It's been a year and I'm glad it's finally over with. I hate that we couldn't have at least one child. My dogs are my kids though. Having FM kicks my but quite abit but I keep going as much as I can. I wish that there would be something they could do for us all. Hope you feel better soon.