new to site.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladysings, Aug 2, 2006.

1. ladysings

ladysings New Member

hi everyone. I want yall to know that this site is awesome. I have found the best info on fibromyalgia on this site. I have told i have fibromyalgia. I never thought much about it until recently. I have been in pain for a long time until now it is inteferring with my work and personal life.

I have gotten off klonipin ove 2 yrs by switching to valium and titrating over 2 yrs. i have noticed that now that i am almost off that the pain is getting worse. the med had started causing me memory loss, paranoia. I was on lexapro with it. it could have been lexapro but my doc at that time convinced me it was the klonipin. I have been thru 2 yrs of hell since getting off. I feel wiped out emotionally and physically.

I am a 45 yr old RN working prn now due to my health. I have enjoyed riding horses but i haven't done much of that over the last yr. I am afraid if i can't find the right doc and help i will have to go on disability at some point.

any support and help anyone can offer will be appreciated.

2. livin4him

livin4him New Member

Hope you find lots of information and support here like I have. Sorry to know that you have had to come here, but it is a great wealth of information.

I don't have time right now to say more, but just a quick welcome.
  3. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I am happy you found this site.......sorry to hear you're suffering.

There are many different approaches to the pain piece of this illness. I personally don't take pain medication and I don't find klonopin to relieve my muscle pain at all.

I've been taking a magnesium/potassium blend and find it takes an edge off. Some here swear by high magnesium for pain and L-phenylalanine. Everyone responds so differently, so trial and error seem to be the name of the game.

I'm also a big advocate for acupuncture.

You can also do a search on "pain" to see what others are taking.

Hope you find some answers!

scapper
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I think you will find this Site friendly, knowledgeable,
    supportive and enjoyable! There are most likely 2 or 3
    new people to the Site each day. I'm still fairly new
    myself, for an old guy, it's nice!

Glad you're here!
    MRDAD
  5. sues1

sues1 New Member

One of the most recent thing that is helping me is from our store here......it is Fibro Complete Multiā„¢ with Malic Acid.

I have a little more energy and all with it. But I am far from well.

Stay with us here. You will discover new info all the time that can help.

Welcome to our board. Sorry I am not of more help.

Blessings.........Susan
  6. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Welcome aboard but sorry for the reason you are here.

I am 54 and just now going on long term disability. Have been able to work til now cause hubby does all the shopping, cooking, etc. and pain meds and a desk job.

Take care,
    Susan
  7. PROVERBWOMAN

PROVERBWOMAN New Member

I am year old LPNII I would suggest trying to seek a Homeopathic Doctor who does accupunture as well. I have gotten great results in the past from the one I've seen. I didn't start having symptoms until after I had my fist Hepatitis vaccine. How about you? The meds that have worked the best for me are Effexor, Neurontin and xanax.
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice people here to share advice, stories, jokes, recipes, vents, and tips on this and that.