New to Site

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1Writer, Nov 22, 2002.

1. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

Hi, I'm new to this web-site and just wanted to introduce myself...I am a 46 year old female...mother of 3 grown children...6 grandchildren and newly diagnosed with CFS. I have been ill now for going on 3 years...misdiagnosed for the first 2 1/2 and finally after all the tests that could be run were run, my doctor feels I have CFS. I'm trying to learn everything I can about CFS. My symptoms are the typical fatigue, aches in the joints, chronic pain, etc., w/a few additional problems such as tinnitus, irritable bowel syndrome, Thyroid disease, flashing vision, irregular heartbeat (especially when lying down), low body temp. w/occasional low grade "mystery fever" and allergies. I take Arthrotec for the joint pains, Klonopin for anxiety and to help me sleep, Synthroid for the Thyroid disease and Femhrt for HRT (going thru menopause, too, yea!) With all of that medication, I still hurt and still am tired. I will not get on an anti-depressant, as I have tried many before and ALWAYS felt tired. I'm not depressed...mind feels GREAT...body feels AWFUL! If anyone out there has any advice about ANYTHING that I've listed, it would be greatly appreciated. I was told there is a support group in my town, but haven't been able to locate it yet...will keep trying.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/22/2002]
  2. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

Hi, I'm new to this web-site and just wanted to introduce myself...I am a 46 year old female...mother of 3 grown children...6 grandchildren and newly diagnosed with CFS. I have been ill now for going on 3 years...misdiagnosed for the first 2 1/2 and finally after all the tests that could be run were run, my doctor feels I have CFS. I'm trying to learn everything I can about CFS. My symptoms are the typical fatigue, aches in the joints, chronic pain, etc., w/a few additional problems such as tinnitus, irritable bowel syndrome, Thyroid disease, flashing vision, irregular heartbeat (especially when lying down), low body temp. w/occasional low grade "mystery fever" and allergies. I take Arthrotec for the joint pains, Klonopin for anxiety and to help me sleep, Synthroid for the Thyroid disease and Femhrt for HRT (going thru menopause, too, yea!) With all of that medication, I still hurt and still am tired. I will not get on an anti-depressant, as I have tried many before and ALWAYS felt tired. I'm not depressed...mind feels GREAT...body feels AWFUL! If anyone out there has any advice about ANYTHING that I've listed, it would be greatly appreciated. I was told there is a support group in my town, but haven't been able to locate it yet...will keep trying.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/22/2002]
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Writer, welcome to our world. Just stopped to welcome you, as I have Fibromyalgia not CFS, will let the other members that can relate better to how you are feeling.

As for a Support Group in your area, if you will go to our 'Home' page, on the left side of that forum there is a link to 'Support Groups' in different areas. Hopefully there is one in you city.

Also if you give the city/state you are in, maybe one of our members can recommend one for you on the board.

Glad you have found us, and am looking forward to knowing you better as time goes on.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

welcome to the board !
  5. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

Thanks for the welcome! I am already feeling at home here and finding out plenty of info. This is really a good site.

Thanks,
    #1Writer