New to the board.......hello to everyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by custard, Sep 16, 2003.

1. custard

custard New Member

Hello
    I'm very very new to all this .....I have only just been diagnosed with fms after months if not years of pain fatigue and sleep problems.....

I live in England and since my diagnosis 2 weeks ago i have been searching for a support site.........this site looks like a breath of fresh air...at last I know I'm not alone!!!

I was dignosed with stage 4 endometriosis in nov 2000 and had a complete hyst in 2001, broken collar bone in nov2001 and after months and months of feelin'ill' with pain fatigue and sleep problems i've finally been diagnosed with fms.........

I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi......all this is so new to me I know I have a long way to go before I feel normal again.

Hopefully I'll be able to offer you all support in return for your wisdom.

Catherine xx
  2. kalina

kalina New Member

Sorry you have FMS, but I'm glad you found us. You'll probably learn a lot about your newly diagnosed condition here. Because of what I learned on this board, I am getting treatment for conditions I probably wouldn't have known about otherwise.

I also had a complete hyst in 2001 for stage 3 endo, only after 25 years of dealing with the pain! :) Do you think your surgery could have been the trigger for your FMS?

Well, I just wanted to be the first to welcome you. Hope to hear from you often!

Kalina
  3. dollylove

dollylove New Member

Hi Custard

Sorry to hear you are suffering too.

I am new to the board as well. I live in Nottingham, UK.

I had chronic endo for many years - had the ops - never recovered properly - typical symptoms people say they have on this board.

Wonder if long term pain conditions like endo cause these conditions now.

The deepest hurt was realising that my children think I am lazy and chose what I want to do. I am still trying to forgive this but it is not easy.

lots of best wishes to everyone

4. HuggyMummy

HuggyMummy New Member

It's great to have some more UK folks to chat to:)
    Sorry you both have this dx, but you will learn lots here.

Whereabouts are you from, Custard?

Dollylove, I'm just 'down the road' near Leicester.

Out of interest, from whom did you both receive yr dx (BTW, in case you didn't realise DX=diagnosis)? I have been unable to get any dx despite having FMS/CFS since age 6 (now 42). I certainly do not suffer as badly as some here, but 'flares' are getting more regular, more intense, and longer-lasting:(

Also did you know you can post yr details is you so wish in yr 'profile'? Helps us all get to know one another a little easier!

Speak to you again soon
    Hugs
    Ruth
    [This Message was Edited on 09/17/2003]
  5. keeponsmiling

keeponsmiling New Member

Love your screen name! :)

Cheryll
  6. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Welcome to the board! I wish I could welcome all the new ones that come through here, if I miss anyone at all.. Sorry, and welcome!

My sister had similair things happen to her like you. She has the endo, then a hysterctomy, then surgery to remove the tissue from body organs. She was diagnosed with Lupus around six months ago.

This place is great, you can learn lots from here, and the support is great too! Looking forward to reading you.

7. Tunes

Tunes New Member

Hi Custard,

As one fairly newbie, to another, all I've probably missed as well, welcome.

This board and it's members are terrific. So much support and information can be gained here. All are so sharing and caring.

Welcome aboard ...
    Tunes
  8. DebP

DebP New Member

We are all always happy to see a new face amongst the crowd!! Its too bad we all have to be here under such circumstances...Sounds like you have been thru alot in a short time lately.

You can find all the answers and support you will need here, I think so anyway..lol Its like our own little community of people who care for one another because theres not much we are not familiar with. Chances are if you have had it, someone else here has had it too, or many have in some cases unfortunately.

Just wanted to introduce myself and send you a (((((((Big Welcome))))))) Happy to have you here!!

Hugs,
    DebP
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Wow, two new members for the land of England! A big welcome to your both, and hope we hear from you'all often!

Shalom, Shirl
  10. custard

custard New Member

Thankyou all soooo much for the warm welcome it cheered me up no end.........

Kalina: not sure if the endo caused the fms but there is a theory that endo is an autoimmune problem too so maybe!!!!

Dolly love: i live near Derby so not far from you.quite ironic that we should chat via an america website when we're 'just round the corner' lol

HUGGYMUMMY/RUTH i was DX by my rheumatologist after being referred by my gp cos she couldnt find out what was wrong with me........thanx for the tip about my profile i'll do it when i get a mo!!!

Hope to catch you all so soon
    Catherine
    xx