New to the board just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tiredohsotired, Jul 11, 2006.

1. tiredohsotired

tiredohsotired New Member

Hello,
    I am new to the message board and just diagnosed with fibromyalgia in June. I am really struggling with the extreme exhaustion part of fibro. The aches and pains aren't much fun either but, I can deal with them in time I think. I just can't seem to function mentally or physically for more than a few hours. I don't like feeling so weak and ill all the time. I feel like I am falling apart and three times my age. I guess I don't really have a question yet, I am just babbling. I just wanted to say hello and take a look around the board for some help and advice. Thank you

Thank you for the wonderful welcome and the great advice. I was also given a dx of CFIDS. So, I have found the perfect place to be ;-) I will try to stay positive. I just finished reading a book called, "Living Well with Chronic Fatigue & Fibromyalgia". I am trying to eat healthy and exercise a little at a time. I have ordered the Fibro vitamins from this web site and have been reading the wonderful advice from this awesome board! Thanks again[This Message was Edited on 07/21/2006]
  2. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Welcome.

You will find a lot of info. here and a lot of support.

I was dx'd in February of this year and fatigue was definitely my number one problem.

I started treatment with Adderall, 10 mg up to 3x per day to help offset the fatigue. It worked great, but it screwed up my blood pressure (high) big time.

Now I am going to start Provigil tomorrow. It works on some, but not all of the receptors that an amphetamine like Adderall does. Hopefully, this means the fatigue will be byebye but my blood pressure will be normal.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  3. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Hi tired. I'm sorry you have FM. I remember when I first found out that I had it and there was no cure or treatment, it was a frantic constant google for more information. This is the best place to find out how others deal with the pain and fatigue. Vitamins have helped several people, "the shake" has been getting a lot of good results too. Cymbalta (rx) has helped a lot of us too and getting the rest you need.
    The support of these wonderful ladies and some men, has been increadible.
    Gentle hugs to you, Nanna
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm glad that you found our online support group!

I hate it that you were diagnosed with fibro, but you will find plenty of company here.

I have had it most all my life, along with a ton of other illnesses, and I'm 55 now.

What helps me most is Neurotin, Cymbalta, and Zanaflex. I also sleep with a CPAP machine with oxygen for sleep apnea.

My best friend is a heating pad!!!!! LOL

I hope you find a lot of helpful info here!

Take care.

Hugs,
    Janet
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

First of all, I am so sorry that you have been diagnosed with this DD. We can all sympathize with you as we all know how you feel. Everyone here is very supportive. Glad that you found this support group!!!!

KRIKET