New to the Board Pain Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Love10, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Love10

Love10 New Member

Hi I am new to your board and I have tons of question. One I just read someone has Seizure Disorder. I just read about a Doctor study on CFS that had 7% of the people he has been following have Seizures. I have both FM/CFS/IBS/OB/RLS always cold!
    I also have 2 to 3 Seizures a year does anyone else have these.
    Does anyone know of any help for IBS.
    I also am in so much pain and I can not do anything I just want to go to bed and put the covers over my head. But it hurts to lay in bed I even have a new pillow top bed. I feel like I have been beat up and then run over by a truck.
    Sorry for my first post so long I just need some one to talk to PLEASE!
    Thank You
    Love10 (10 Grandkids)
    [This Message was Edited on 12/20/2002]
  2. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Welcome to the board! There is lots to explore here, and learn. The Search box at the top of the page allows you to explore many fm/cfs related subjects.
    Everyone here is also willing to answer questions.
    Ask away! One of the best things you can do to tackle these disorders is to educate yourself---read, and research. Their are many good books, websites, and members who are very knowledgeable.
    Many FMS/CFS researchers believe that we who have this disorder are in a state of micro-seizure activity. We have alot of neurological symptoms in commom.
    There are many things that seem to "trigger" the onset of FM and CFS....trauma, stress, viral and bacteria infection, the list goes on....

Hope to hear more from you, and Welcome Aboard!
    Karen
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Love, welcome to our world! I also have FM/IBS, but have not had seizures. But I do recall that others here have mentioned having them.

Feel free to ask all the questions you have, we will try to answer as many as we can.

We do have some wonderful, friendly, and well informed people on this site who are always willing to help if they are able to do so.

Many of us take meds, supplements,herbs, and some take both. So you have a variety of members that can help with your questions.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl

4. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

I have CFS/IBS/Thyroid disease,Tinnitus, Rosacea, Migraines, and the list goes on...and on...and on! Post your bio so we all can get to know you...you can get to know us by clicking on our nicknames on each post. I have migraines, which are, by some, considered to be mild seizures...I also have flashing vision problems, that, after the first of the year, I am going to have an MRI to find out more about...some of the people who responded to my "flashing vision" post said that they could be migraines w/out the headaches...don't know...hope to find out. Have you been treated for your seizures? Are you on any medication? I take Klonopin for anxiety and sleeplessness and it's an anti-seizure med...doesn't help my migraines, though...have to check that one out, too. Anyway, I don't know if I have been any help to you at all, but I just thought I would welcome to our home away from home. You will find that the people here are great and will welcome you with open arms and the info on this site is invaluable...so, hope we can help...Have a Merry Xmas and glad you're here.

1Writer
  5. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

things that have jumped aboard during the years. Karen is right, Research and keep on researching. The top post on each page is for getting a Guide and it so great to give out to all you know and docs. You can get 99 at a time and no limlit on asking for more and it's free.

There on the home page are so many great things and the docs referal link is wounderful. Many of the docs there have web sites to and you just have to start at the top and go through each one to see. We also found our doc there. We love him.

Welcome to what we think is the greatest board around, Kim and Gary