New to the board with eye problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by latracy, Oct 13, 2002.

1. latracy

latracy New Member

Hello, I wanted to say that I have found comfort in reading this board. It has been helping through a most difficult time. I was searching the web to find out what is wrong with my eyes. My eyes are blurry, swollen, and are painful.
    I found a site on the web "sight problems in ME/CFS" and I
    was wondering if Uvetis could be what I have. I am going to the eye doctor tomorrow and will bring the article. Has anyone had a similiar experience? I am also seeing a new FM doctor tomorrow. She has FM herself, and I am hoping that she can help me regain some of my health.
  2. latracy

latracy New Member

Hello, I wanted to say that I have found comfort in reading this board. It has been helping through a most difficult time. I was searching the web to find out what is wrong with my eyes. My eyes are blurry, swollen, and are painful.
    I found a site on the web "sight problems in ME/CFS" and I
    was wondering if Uvetis could be what I have. I am going to the eye doctor tomorrow and will bring the article. Has anyone had a similiar experience? I am also seeing a new FM doctor tomorrow. She has FM herself, and I am hoping that she can help me regain some of my health.
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hi--and Welcome...I am new, too. I agree that this place brings much comfort. My eyesight has changed dramatically with in the last year. I have an appt. soon, so perhaps I will find out, if this is FM related, or just old age, creeping up on me....Nice to meet you, and look forward to hearing how your eye appt. goes.
    Best Wishes,
    Karen
  4. Cindi

Cindi New Member

Nice to meet you! I'n fairly new here, and I read more than I post.
    I, too, have blurry, painful eyes. My eyes aren't swollen, though. Besides having FM, I also have Lupus and Sjogren's Syndrome. The Sjogren's causes me to have extremely dry eyes, which also causes pain!! I use eyedrops for dry eyes, and it does help some. The blurriness in my eyes has recently increased, and I am due to see my eye doctor soon, so I will discuss this with her.

You're very lucky to find a doctor who also has FM! Let us know how the visit goes!! I don't know much about Uveitis, so I'd appreciate it if you can tell us what your eye doctor says.
    I'm also hoping to get an appt. soon with a doctor who is very experienced with FMS/CFS, and would love to regain some of my health, too.

Good luck! I will keep you in my prayers!

Hugs-
    Cindi
  5. latracy

latracy New Member

I wanted to report that I went to the eye doctor, and I have an infection. He doesn't know exactly what, but gave me some drop and told me to come back in one week. Also saw a new FM doctor today. She has FM, and it was wonderful! She looked at all of my medical records and orders different tests to see what we needed to correct. I don't expect miracles, but it nice to have someone who understands. She also said that I am experiencing multiple sensitivity disorder as well. Here we go again! I get my pain level managable, now I am having problems with my eyes, ears, and skin. Will this nightmare ever end.