New to the board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nascarlover15, Aug 21, 2005.

1. nascarlover15

nascarlover15 New Member

Hello I am a 29 year old mother of two who has had fibromyalgia symptoms for about 2 months now. I have had blood tests and they are all normal. I just had a bone scan last friday and I will get the results from that on Tuesday (I am assuming the scan is to rule out other things) I am in constant excrutiating pain with no letting up after taking pain meds. The doctor is leaning towards fibromyalgia so I have been doing alot of research and then found this message board. I just wanted to introduce myself and say how greatful I am for a board like this to share my story and symptoms as no one around me has this disease. It's just hard to describe to people the pain I'm feeling. Anyways I will continue to post as I know more about what's going on with me.

thanks for listening!!
  2. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome to a great board with lots of caring, supportive and understanding people.

I am so sorry you are going through this and hope you will get some answers and relief. You will learn alot here.

Welcome Aboard
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  3. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

Welcome to the board! I am a NASCAR fan, too---my weekends kind of revolve around it. :)

Read as much as you can here to learn as much as you can,
    take care
    Nicole
  4. Meekah

Meekah New Member

So sorry you're going through so much pain. You are so young. Try to stay positive and learn as much as you can about this DD. (Knowledge is power)

You have def. come to the right place. THere are so many wonderful,caring people on this board who are always ready to lend their support and advice.

Hugs and Prayers
    Meekah
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Nice to have you join us. Lots of great people here, and a lot of current information on FM as well.

Again, welcome and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. elsa

elsa New Member

Me too, Me too .... go nascar!!! And no, I am not a "bubba" to all of you who don't believe!!

I am sorry you don't feel well. You have come to the right place for unconditional support and all the latest information. My treatment plan had it's orgins in the information I recieved here.

Have you had a sleep study done. If you could get some relief from the typical sleep disorders we suffer from ,it might give you the "juice" to plan out the rest of your road to remission.

It sounds like you might have a good doctor. Be sure to be a "partner" with him as ya'll treat this. FM is still so new to the medical world, that it might be up to you to dig up the research.

You know, I had to take a bit of a break from nascar when Dale E. hit the wall during Daytona. It took the wind out of my sails. Been cheering Jr. on though!

Welcome ... hope you start to feel better !!

Elsa
  7. nascarlover15

nascarlover15 New Member

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I am so glad I stumbled upon this board! I have my dr appt tomorrow so I'll post my results and I guess just go from there. Thanks again everyone you are all angels!!
  8. Louise1988

Louise1988 New Member

good luck for tommorow i hope all goes well.

I am also very young (17) i have no children but look after a neice part time. I know how hard it must be for you to look after your children - i struggle and i only have my neice for about 5 hours a day.

I hope this board is use to you.

Louise
  9. nascarlover15

nascarlover15 New Member

Well the results from my bone scan came back normal so he is pretty sure it's fibro. He has refered me to a rhumatoligist. It will probably be awhile before I can get in with him because they are so busy. I am now on amytripline for sleep. I guess we will just see how it goes. Anyways that's my update for you all.
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i'm glad you stumbled on this website. i've had fibro for atleast 9 years if not longer.

so hopefully you can get some relief. it is frustrating atimes trial by error.

hugs,

jodie
  11. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

it has been the best thing that has happened to me since I was dx with this dd.

My treatment plan also came from what I read here except Elavil, which is the first med that my doc gave me.

Welcome. Go Jimmie Johnson! Sorry, had to say that! LOL

Sonya
  12. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

I hope you find good support here as most of us have! I am sure you will.
    Now I don't feel alone knowing that I have FM/CFS just by finding this board and I THANK you all.

It is hard because my family and friends don't understand, so it is a great place to come. I sometimes don't even waist my time to explain it to them.

Welcome again. Hope you are having a good day :)