New to the board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Vitter, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Vitter

Vitter New Member

I'm new to this message board. I'm feeling a little anxious about even being on here. I just need to talk to people who have something in common with me. You can read my bio. I also have responded to a few messages.

This board just makes me feel like I'm not alone. People who don't know what chronic illness is like do not understand. I don't always want to be talking about my problems. They just don't understand.

Thanks

Vicki
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Vicki:
    Welcome. Loads of info here and vent when the need arises.
    I mainly answer posts, but once in a while will post a topic. The girls have helped me through some rough times.
    Enjoy!
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. juliejo

juliejo New Member

A very warm welcolme Vikki. Your are quite right, unless you suffer from a chronic illness no-one will ever understand how you feel but here we "all" understand fully how you feel so if you want to vent, chat or just generally ask a question please do.
    I have had Fibro/ME and now Osteoarthritis for year's and am now 52. Still have day's where i get very down but they do pass eventually and i make the best now of my "good day's".
    Great to meet you.
    I am from the UK.
    Bye for now and keep taking the Prozac!!!!.

Julie joxxx
  4. Vitter

Vitter New Member

I have been reading for about a month now. Very informational.

I feel like I have gotten more out of this board in the last month than from my doctor.

I'll keep reading.

Thanks
  5. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

It is always a double edge sword welcoming someone to this board b/c I am glad to here from other people who deal with things I deal with daily, but I hate to hear of anyone else with this miserable disease. I hope you can find the support and companionship I have found here.

Pamela
  6. livin4him

livin4him New Member

I'm pretty new here myself, it is a great place to come. You are so right, if you don't have this DD you just can't know what it is like. Just yesterday, I went to the store and had to leave my cart because I was too tired to continue. lol. Next time, I think I will just try the wheelchair carts. I just can't even do what I used to be able to do. It's very disheartening to live with what we have.

Hope you feel at home here as I do. Many blessings to you.
  7. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

I'm new here too. Just joined yesterday. Loads of helpful info here that you can't find anywhere else. Too much info at once can overwhelm & bum you out, so take time for the funny stuff :)

sometimes laughter truly is the best medicine

foggygirl
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Nice to meet you. I will read your bio in a moment. I am trying to stay on the boards only in six minute stints due to bad back. (LOL) yeh, right with my will power!

Speak to you over the weeks. Love Anne C
  9. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

You'll find tons of info and support here. I'm quite new myself and have learned so much right here. Am starting to feel that there could possibly be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Linda
  10. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Hey Vicki so wonderful to have you here.

I see you like to garden.Well that is one thing I can get all wtapped up in.I love to garden and have a tough time getting out in the garden but I still do it and take extra pain meds. that night while I lay in traction.LOL!!

You are so right about people not understanding.That is why it is so good you found us.Just let lose and vent all you need to.

This board has been the best therapy I can get and it is free, can't beat that.

Tell me about your gardens.If you tell me about yours I'll tell ya about mine.LOL!

HUGS,
    Sheila
  11. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I hope you get alot of good info and support as this is the place to get it.

OT- I saw your screen name and it is very close to my last name. As a matter of fact people pronounce my last name wrong all the time and call me Mrs. Vitter.

Hope you have a great day from Sunny Florida!

Cindy
  12. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I am still new here myself.
    I have found a lot of caring people here.
    I think you will be very encouraged and find lot's of support here.
    Claudia
  13. Vitter

Vitter New Member

My husband already thinks I spend a lot of time on the computer. Now that I found this message board he will never see me! HA Ha

Vitter is my nickname from when I was a kid. No one ever calls me that anymore. I just thought it would be fun to use it.

Sheila, my gardening consists of planting something new in the yard every year and moving things around alot. I used to plant orange and apple seeds in my moms flower beds when I was a kid. Just love to plant things and watch them grow. My husband says I have too much to take care of. I think he is right. But I can't help it. I love gardening. I used to make a day of it, but now just a little at a time.

Thanks so much for the welcome.

Vicki

[This Message was Edited on 03/12/2006]
  14. libra55

libra55 New Member

Glad you are here, you will find a lot of info and support. I've been here since 2003, dx'd with FM in 2000, also have Crohn's disease. I love to garden also, but had to cut down, I just do a small one now. do you plant flowers or veggies, or both?

welcome again,
    Michelle
  15. kch64

kch64 New Member

Glad you're here and posting with us. We all need each other.

Big Hugs,

Kendra