New to the Board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ALMacLeod, Jun 1, 2008.

1. ALMacLeod

ALMacLeod New Member

I was just diagnosed with FM. I have probably had the symptoms for about 10 years. But couldn't get the doctors to believe me. I also brushed it off myself as getting older. I finally found a doctor that believed that I was in pain. I go Monday for a serious of blood test, to rule out other things. I am glad that I came across this website.

2. simpsons

simpsons Member

hi angela

just to say welcome to the board there are lots of knowledgable people here who can help answer any questions you have after your tests come in.

it is so frustrating to have to wait so long to get dx and suffer such disbelief.

however its good you have a good dr willing to do tests to rule out other things and believe in you.

all the best
  3. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

This board is packed with valuable information and people who can give you a lot of insight. Why not fill out your profile so we know more about you and maybe more people can help.

You found us, now you should read all you can about this illness and get to know some of the people who have had this a long time and may give you more ideas on how to cope.

4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about having to wait so long for a dx. I only had to wait like almost 25 years. At that time they knew nothing. They still do not know alot but I guess they are getting better slowly.

There is alot of good information and smart folks on these boards. When you get settled you might also want to check out the chit chat side of the boards (NOT the CHAT Board), that is something different. On Chit Chat you can talk about ALMOST anything, venting, relationships, recipes, hobbies etc.)

Blessings and hugs,

5. ALMacLeod

ALMacLeod New Member

Thanks everyone for the great welcome. I know I will have a lot of questions once all the test results come in. Kena, I will also be tested for Lyme Disease.

6. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

You'll find lots of friends, support, and information on this board. Look forward to seeing your visits!

Love and prayers,

7. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Glad you found us...sorry to hear you are one of us!

You will find this website to be very helpful and the people here are like family!

8. tonia1990

tonia1990 New Member

Welcome to the family!
    It is nice to have you here with us.But im sorry it is pain that brought us together.You have come to a great place for support.