new to the board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sheiba, Sep 19, 2002.

1. sheiba

sheiba New Member

hello everyone,
    i just found this board and have been reading many of the posts. i'm getting more and more confused! LOL i was diagnosed w/FM last month, but have felt the symptoms for almost 3yrs. since then i've researched and researched and find so many different things that sometimes i just get mind boggled, as i'm sure many of you have. i've found that diet, hormones, and neurotransmitters are often mentioned, along with all the symptoms i've experienced.

i experience hypoglycemic episodes (which aggrevate the heck out of me), sleep disturbances, foggy mind, mood swings and depression, IBS, high yeast, and your typical aches and pains in both muscles and joints. the ded a SED rate on me but it came back fine, but i noticed that many of you have a high SED rate....is there anyone that hasn't had a high rate? my thyroid is fine, lupus test was negative, as well as the RA test. to be honest, sometimes i feel like i'm just a Quack who complains a lot....but i KNOW i have severe pain and get depressed sometimes for no reason. and boy....can i be irritable! LOL however, you still feel like a big goober sometimes b/c nothing is pinpointed on the labs.

i have a wonderful and brilliant chiro in my hometown, however i do not live there anymore. he suggested a all raw fruit and veggie diet - however, i failed to mention my hypoglycemia. (i guess i'll do that next time :-/ ) has anyone tried a diet like this? i was like "uuugggghhhh!!" when he mentioned it. lol but he did say it would cure it b/c FM was a result of leaky gut, and the diet would heal the intestinal tract. he said it inevitably led to colon cancer, too. (YUCK!) i'm curious to see if anyone else has braved this eating method. also, how do hypoglycemic individuals change their diet to fit the FM?

if anyone knows of a good doctor in the nashville, tn area, i would be most grateful for the recommedation. i'm going to try to find the good doctor list and see if any are on there. OH, and do most people get diagnosed w/FM first or after another diagnosis??

well, i've rambled enough and most likely will do more if i don't stop here. :) i'm looking forward to talking with everyone. maybe you all can motivate me to stop eating all the junk i do! hehe it's soooo hard, tho....but, so is the FM, right? at 31 i'm learning not to love it. lol anyway, thanks for listening and any info you might have regarding my questions.
  2. sheiba

sheiba New Member

hello everyone,
    i just found this board and have been reading many of the posts. i'm getting more and more confused! LOL i was diagnosed w/FM last month, but have felt the symptoms for almost 3yrs. since then i've researched and researched and find so many different things that sometimes i just get mind boggled, as i'm sure many of you have. i've found that diet, hormones, and neurotransmitters are often mentioned, along with all the symptoms i've experienced.

i experience hypoglycemic episodes (which aggrevate the heck out of me), sleep disturbances, foggy mind, mood swings and depression, IBS, high yeast, and your typical aches and pains in both muscles and joints. the ded a SED rate on me but it came back fine, but i noticed that many of you have a high SED rate....is there anyone that hasn't had a high rate? my thyroid is fine, lupus test was negative, as well as the RA test. to be honest, sometimes i feel like i'm just a Quack who complains a lot....but i KNOW i have severe pain and get depressed sometimes for no reason. and boy....can i be irritable! LOL however, you still feel like a big goober sometimes b/c nothing is pinpointed on the labs.

i have a wonderful and brilliant chiro in my hometown, however i do not live there anymore. he suggested a all raw fruit and veggie diet - however, i failed to mention my hypoglycemia. (i guess i'll do that next time :-/ ) has anyone tried a diet like this? i was like "uuugggghhhh!!" when he mentioned it. lol but he did say it would cure it b/c FM was a result of leaky gut, and the diet would heal the intestinal tract. he said it inevitably led to colon cancer, too. (YUCK!) i'm curious to see if anyone else has braved this eating method. also, how do hypoglycemic individuals change their diet to fit the FM?

if anyone knows of a good doctor in the nashville, tn area, i would be most grateful for the recommedation. i'm going to try to find the good doctor list and see if any are on there. OH, and do most people get diagnosed w/FM first or after another diagnosis??

well, i've rambled enough and most likely will do more if i don't stop here. :) i'm looking forward to talking with everyone. maybe you all can motivate me to stop eating all the junk i do! hehe it's soooo hard, tho....but, so is the FM, right? at 31 i'm learning not to love it. lol anyway, thanks for listening and any info you might have regarding my questions.
  3. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

Docs list is on the Home page it's on of those file type tab looking thing click on it and go to the far right there is a beig box with lots of title look for Doctors referals. Click on it the find Co-Cure good docs list and click. Then find your state and click.

The lib here and the home page has all the research info and symtoms list and so much, Read and print out what you want to reread or keep. Good luck in your search. If you want post a new topic saying your area and looking for a doc.

Good luck and again, welcome. Kim and Gary we have FMS and CFS
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Kim & Gary took care of the doctor issue for you. Good luck.

You can do a search messages on specific treatments (diet questions), meds, or symptoms to see what other members have to say.

One thing you've probably found out already is that while we can treat the symptoms, make changes in diet & exercise, & try alternatives to lead better quality lives, there is no cure for fms at this time. I know the research can be overwhelming at first, but you are smart to learn all you can so you can be an informed patient.

Welcome aboard & best wishes to you. Michele
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hi Ya Sheiba---I am a newbie here, too....and have found it to be a great source of information. Do find the good Drs. List, as I had searched for 5 months, and spent thousands and thousands of dollars, before I found the list. After being shuffled from one disbelieving dr. to the next, thanks to the good Drs. list, I have found a physician who is wonderful!! If you don't find one on the list in your area--find a support group in your area, and ask for their recommendations on a good doc.
    As for the hypoglycemia....I would be very careful....and wait and coordinate your diet w/ a physician who is treating you as a whole (FM and Hypoglycemic)...my husband has hypoglycemia...and this is something that needs close supervision.
    Yes, I like you have a normal Sed rate.....no signs of Lupus, thyroid ok......etc.
    One of the main things I have discovered thro..all this...is that their is no "normal" with Fibro or CFS...what works for one....may not work for another....You have to been informed, and your own advocate, quite often.
    Best Wishes,
    Karen
  6. sheiba

sheiba New Member

thanks so much for the replies - they are all appreciated so much. it IS a mystery disease sometimes...but i guess it's like you say - you just have to find the right combo for your body. i was given some meds by the doc that diagnosed me, but i've not taken them - i think i'd rather try the more natural route first w/food and supplements, etc. so, we'll see what happens.

again, thank you for your support and suggestions! :-D

7. ladydi

ladydi New Member

SHEIBA,

I'M A LITTLE NEW AT THE BOARD, BUT NOT WITH FM.
    I'VE HAD IT FOR ABOUT 10-12 DOCUMENTED,BUT LONGER I KNOW.

YOU ARE THE CLOSEST MEMBER I KNOW OF ON THIS BOARD. I
    LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN, ABOUT SOMEWHERE 2 HOURS FROM
    NASHVILLE, (IN ALABAMA).

IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY, FILL IN YOUR BIO. (ONLY IF YOU
    WANT TO) ALSO, GO OVER TO CHIT/CHAT FOR SOME FUN.

HOPE TO GET TO KNOW YOU BETTER AS TIME GOES BY.

BEST OF LUCK, KEEP US ALL INFORMED AS YOU FIND INFO.
    LADYDI