new to the board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2girls, Nov 2, 2002.

1. 2girls

2girls New Member

Hello -

I have been researching this message board since my diagnosis (fm) in July, and I must say this is the most
    informative site out there. Nice to know we are not alone!
    Lately my most troublesome symptom has been a very dry,
    sore mouth (including mouth sores which my dentist beleives
    is lichen planus) - thirst is insatiable. I have had many
    bloodtests, xrays, mri etc - negative results.
    Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.
  2. 2girls

2girls New Member

Hello -

I have been researching this message board since my diagnosis (fm) in July, and I must say this is the most
    informative site out there. Nice to know we are not alone!
    Lately my most troublesome symptom has been a very dry,
    sore mouth (including mouth sores which my dentist beleives
    is lichen planus) - thirst is insatiable. I have had many
    bloodtests, xrays, mri etc - negative results.
    Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Nice, meeting you--I haven't been here long either, and just recently diagnosed. I have mouth sores also, but mine are a candida fungal infection, and have it system wide.
    I've been through a battery of test, too, its like a scavenger hunt, huh? Someday maybe we'll finish the game!
    Anyway, just wanted to say "hi",
    Karen
  4. 2girls

2girls New Member

Hi Karen - Thanks for yr info.
    Originally dentist suspected yeast but after prescribing
    Nilstat (swish & swallow) for 10 days, he figured it must
    be lichen planus. I still suspect yeast.
    Are you taking meds for the yeast - if so for how long?
    Also, did your dr test for this - I have not been tested.
    Thanks,
    2girls (I have two girls, age 10 and 5)!
  5. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

I can't help you on ths one, but maybe another of the board can. just wanted to say hi.
  6. allhart

allhart New Member

i also just wanted to say hi and welcome to the board
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi there, welcome to our world! Always glad to see new members on the board.

So sorry you are having those horrible mouth sores, I think someone mentioned vitamin B? We have a great product here are at Pro Health, its called; 'Ultra B-Plus'(high potency with Folic Acid), if you are going to take a B vitamin, its best to take a complete B plus, as taking just one of the B's can cause a deficiency with the others. If you are interest in Ultra B-Plus go to the 'Store' link and read about it, you can also request a free catalog.

I recommend Pro Health because I took the supplements from this company before I came to this board, they are of the hightest quality, and geared toward FM/CFS, so its not because I am on this board that I recommend their products, they really are the best!

By the way, someone recommended water, well that is a fact of life too! I drink half my weight in ounces of water a day, and it has made a world of difference in my over all health too. Untill you mouth heals, I would try drinking that amount of water but distilled, to eliminate any minerals etc that might aggitate your already sore mouth.

Also stay away from citrus fruits too, too much acid in them.

I hope we have been helpful to you, and that you are feeling better soon, please let us know how you are doing.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  8. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hi, yes, my Doc did have me tested. It was a kit, he gave me, and I took fecal samples, for a number of days, and then sent it to the lab. Due to chronic kidney infections, and antibiotics every 2-3 months for 30 plus years, all my beneficial bacteria is completely gone, and I am overrun with Candida. I have IBS, vaginal yeast infections, and thrush in the mouth. My Primary care Doc, has taken me off the prophylactic dose of antibiotics that my urologists had put me on 12 months ago (i was taken low dose antibiotic, daily) We are replacing the good bacteria with probiotics. We will be deciding on a antifungal medicine, next visit. So many of my systems are messed up, we are having to approach this gradually, so I don't come unhinged, lol.
    Karen
  9. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

I have them too, I have had them for 37 years and still no sign of them clearing up. welcome to the board anyway. Someone may come up with an answer.
    best wishes
    Pat