New to the Board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PointB, Feb 15, 2003.

1. PointB

PointB New Member

Just thought I'd share a little bit about myself since I'm new to the board

I'm an 18 year old female and was diagnosed with Fibro 10 years ago, was recently diagnosed with tendonitis as well. I'm an artist/poet in my senior year of highschool, but recently had to leave and be home schooled. I'm hoping to return in the spring.

Take care of yourselves!
    -PointB

PS- Do any of you have a horrible time sleeping? It seems like I can only manage to get 2 or 3 hours solid without waking up.
  2. Fibro-Gal

Fibro-Gal New Member

It is nice to met you. I am also 18 and female. I also homeschool. I think I have had fibro my whole life, but wasn't dxed until Dec 2002.
    I have a hard time sleeping, not as bad as that though. But I have a real hard time falling asleep, then either wake up a lot, or wake early in the morning and can't go back to sleep. I take Trazadon for sleep, and that is really helping. Do you take anything for sleep?
    What kind of art do you? I love to paint.
    I would love to hear from you. I hoep things work out for you.
    Hugs,
    Angela
  3. PointB

PointB New Member

Thank you both for your replies

I actually just started taking the same thing for sleep as you do, last night was my first night on it (half a pill).

I paint (mostly surreal type stuff and the only thing I did on a large scale was a mural for a woman over the summer in her home)

Take care!
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi PointB, glad to have you join us. I also had that horrible sleep problem, but I did fine a solution for it.

I take ZMA,(Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B-6), its sold here at Pro Health, you can go to the store link at the top of this page and read about it. It also helps with the muscle pain. I have not had a Flare in almost a year now.

I have been taking it one year this month, and I sleep at least 7-8 hours without waking up(if I wake for a bathroom run, I go right back to sleep). This is the first time in my adult life that I have slept so well.

You both can ask your doctors about it, I am sure it will not interfere with your prescribed meds.

Again welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl