new to the board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tgharrison, Jun 7, 2003.

1. tgharrison

tgharrison New Member

Hello! I have had CFS since May of 1989. It seems at this time of the year when there is a lot of particualte matter in the air, that my pain is worse and it feels like I'm going to crash again. I was disabled for two years, in my bed and not able to do much of anything. I am able to work about four hours a day now and because I am a psychotherapist by training this is still possible for me. It is hard to believe I have had this disease for so long and it still seems strange that I have hope deep within my bones that some day I might find myself again. Thom from Utah. I grew up in California but came to Utah for my graduate education.
  2. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I have hope too!

I actually had my first bout of CFS in 1990, but it was mild and I recovered with the help of an amazing healer. I had to lead an alternative lifestyle though to keep my health and get more rest than most people.

But, I am pretty disabled now, for over 5 years. A few years after my initial recovery I ignored my physical needs [temporarily] for financial reasons and then I went through several tragedies and spent much time caring for others. By the time I realized how sick I had become again, it was too late for a quick recovery, and it's been downhill since, probably due to constant stress, not allowing me to focus simply on healing.

Oh well, that's my two cents. I have to get going soon, so thought I'd just say hello to you since you hadn't had a response yet. sorry you are sick, but glad you can work a little. Must have been awful to have been bedridden for 2 yrs.

I live far from you - in Toronto, Canada. And, no we are not all wearing masks here. :) SARS is not on our streets, only a risk at certain hospitals.

jen F