New to the Board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rozchuv, Jul 6, 2003.

1. rozchuv

rozchuv New Member

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the board. Feeling discouraged because of a significant relapse after feeling much better for quite a while. thought I had beat this thing. Lots of old symptoms popping up. Trying to keep up my spirits and keep plugging.
  2. Echo2

Echo2 New Member

and you've come to a great place. There is so much encouragement and support here, which we need like we need air to breathe. Don't get too discouraged, perhaps it's just a flare that will pass. Mine usually last a month or so, then I can still work altho pain is always present. Best wishes floating your way that you will feel better soon.
    Hugs,
    Echo
  3. yellowbird

yellowbird New Member

I too have suffered a relaspe.... I was improving for all of 2000, and felt for all of 2001 that this illness was behind me. Then, in Feb. 2002, after a day of too much shopping, I relapsed. When, after a few months, it became apparent that I wouldn't be bouncing back... well, lets just say I didn't handle it as well as you seem to be handling your relapse.
    In the last year I've made a few small gains. Although today I fear I may have lost those gains also, as I overdid it a bit at the beginning of last week and am not bouncing back as I would have expected. Over all these years (10 with CFS), I feel as if my emotional resources are wearing pretty thin.
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Roz, welcome to the board. Glad to have you join us, but sorry you have had a relapse.

We are all doing what you do, keep up our spirt and keep on going.

Again, a big welcome to you.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our board. I've been getting increasingly better for some time now and BANG! out of the blue, a flare. There's just no accounting for our illnesses. I hope you recover soon.

Love, Mikie
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I don't blame you for feeling discouraged about relapsing; I know that feeling well. I have been doing better for months myself, but it's like you are always waiting for the other shoe to drop! Every time I have old symptoms crop up, I tend to get anxious, but now that I've had FM for a period of years, and have developed kind of a history with it (including many ups & downs along the way), I get less anxious with each flare; I really try to take a deep breath & remember that over time, my symptoms do come & go, and only a few of the symptoms are truly constant, most wax & wane. It's hard with this DD to keep "positive", but you are in the right place, you'll get a lot of encouragement & support here! Plus learn some new ways to handle FM/CFS----I've learned a lot of info here that has helped me deal with FM better.

Glad you are here & hope this relapse soon eases for you.

Hugs,
    Pam
  7. rozchuv

rozchuv New Member

Thank you to all who replied to my message. I really appreciate the welcome and the encouragement. Does anyone have any experience with adrenal support products? Rosalyn
  8. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I have tried a few adrenal extracts, as well as herbs and vits/minerals for my overworked adrenals. I finally found what works for me. Last month I wrote a post on it. Type in "drenamin" and you will find that post. Also, a few other people have tried this product and you can find their thoughts on it.

Hope this helps,
    Annette