New to The Boards here and Community

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjshorty, Aug 25, 2005.

1. cjshorty

cjshorty New Member

I deleted my first post, I guess it wasnt the right way to say hello being new to the boards in this community. I have just been so dang depressed with this illness and was a lil desparate.

I did go to the referral page though and actually found a md in my area and that is the first light at the end of the tunnel I have glimpsed in a long long time.

Took me years to get a proper diagnosis, then cant even get treatment from doc who diagnosed me, been suffering without any treatment for so long, finally go for insurance and find I cant get covered because of diagnoses of FMS that I cant even find treatment for, but went for insurance to get covered cause of new found lump on breast that is scaring crap outta me.

So I apologise for my first post, I guess it sounded a lil desparate, in all honesty...it was.

Hopefully, I can find the sanctuary of understanding I so desparately need, because noone in my life really understands the complete devistation of my spirit from FMS; and my loved ones are mostly frustrated with my pain, and my frustration of this illness, that has made me a shell of what I once was.
  2. kac1960

kac1960 New Member

you are on the right track coming here, I am new myself . In a few short days I have gained alot of knowledge, and met many wonderful people. I hope the experience is as positive for you.
    Just want to say welcome and I look forward to getting to know you.

Best Wishes Kathy
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you will gain alot of info and support here.

i noticed tht you are iving in florida.

have you had any problems there with the weather?

i had to deal with tornados in michigan growing up then i moved out here to san francisco, so now it is earth quakes, rattle snakes, black widow spiders and the brown racluse spiders(sp), fires, mountain lions and the idiots on the highway.

i hope everything looks better for you just hang in there and be a survivor like we are trying to do.

jodie
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

The hardest part is adjusting to and accepting the limitations imposed by this illness. My darkest years, were when I was literally in the dark as to what the heck was happening to me. That was the hardest on my self esteem, because you tend to blame yourself for getting foggy (you feel stupid), you make mistakes, you think you may be going crazy (because you can't think straight and get all clumsy) you forget things you never would have. And then the pain and/or fatigue and all the other trimmings that come w/ the disease that no one really gets.

It gets better. Doctor don't do too much for us. We really have to be our own advocates, and there is a plethora of amazing info, research and trial and error experience from others. And inspiring stories of many who eventually overcome and get at least most of thier life back, like me, and many others.

It's really important to remember who you are. Not to take on an identity that melds w/ the illness. Beleive that you can be interesting, and useful, and will have just the right words, or experience to share w/ someone who needs just exactly what you have to share.

You sound very forthcoming, candid adn articulate. You'll be just great here. Welcome.

Jeanne
  5. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

There is not one person here who hasn't felt desperate or alone at some point. hope you find alot of love and support here! Welcome- Lynn
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I am sorry you are feeling so poorly and are so poorly understood. Hopefully, all that will change in the coming months. I'm glad there is a doctor in your area who comes recommended...what a plus for you.

You really don't have to apologize for a post...you were hurting and desperate and that just goes with the territory. So...welcome. I'm sorry we all are here for this reason, but it is wonderful in this age that we have the communication tools we have.

Take care, and we'll meet on the board.

Sue
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So nice to have you join us, but am sorry you are so sick and frustrated right now. I know how you are feeling, been there many times myself.

Glad you found a doctor, and I hope its the one that will really help you with this illness.

Again, welcome and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl