NEW TO THE BOARDS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FibroJo, Oct 4, 2005.

1. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

I am fairly new to the boards. I have made a couple of comments on them but wanted to say hi to everyone and let you all know that by finding out that all of you have the same symptoms and pains as I do has reassured me. Since there is no definite test to diagnose FM I think I was in denial and everytime something hurt so bad I feared it being something life threatening. I realize how much pain all of you are in and it helps me to accept the fact that I am suffering from FM. I was diagnosed ten years ago but am finally now accepting that all the pain is from fibro and not some other debilitating disease. Thank you all so much for sharing.
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

and keep in mind that there is no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask anything you like. People here have a lot of knowledge and are willing to share.
  3. Donya58

Donya58 New Member

Welcome fibrojo!! There's lots of good info on here and the folks are great. Donya:))
  4. fibrodeb

fibrodeb New Member

glad to see you here please realize that you are not alone - we are here for you
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm sorry you have the DD, but I'm glad you are here and are finding some reassurance. Boy, it is something we all need.

Glad you decided to introduce yourself...look forward to your input in the future.

Sue
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

Glad to meet you and welcome to our board/support group!

I read your bio and see we are the same age and that you are from northern Ohio. I was born and raised in southern Ohio, in a town along the Ohio River.

I can really relate to it getting harder and harder to read due to the neck pain and spasms. I love to read but have the same problem, as well as my arms and shoulders hurting to the point that I can't hold a newspaper long enough to read it. Sometimes I must lay it down on the kitchen table to read it. Ugh!

My fibro routine consists of Cymbalta, Neurotin, and Zanaflex at bedtime. I also sleep with a CPAP machine and oxygen.

Take care and hope to talk with you often!
    Janet

7. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

So good to have you.It does feel better to see you are not alone.

I was reading your profile.I was in drama all through high school.I love plays too.I hope you get better soon so you can get back out and enjoy those things again soon.

Sheila