New to the chatgroup thing

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by suddenlysusan, Dec 31, 2008.

1. suddenlysusan

suddenlysusan New Member

Hi All...

I'm kinda new to the whole chat group thing regarding depression, so I apologize in advance for my scant knowledge. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder about 14 months ago and I have been on meds since. According to my psychiatrist it all started about 9 years ago. The reason I never got any help for it before 2007 was because my parents are of the generation that thought that I had only been going through some 'hormonal' stages. I'm only 24, and I know I am still very young, but I know the feelings all too well. Like I said before I have been suffering from this for 9 years without really knowing what the hell was happening to me. I eventually had a complete breakdown and started therapy, but I still suffer from "black days" as I am an extremely emotional extrovert and I always seem to carry my heart on my sleeve. Is this normal?
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I answered over on your post on the Depression Group.
  3. Elaine44

Elaine44 New Member

I'm trying to figure out how this is done. I was diagnosed with FM in the early '90's; but did 't have a Dr. who knew anymore thn I did. I'm sure you have all experienced the Docs who say just go Home and live with it. Ican't help you. I have since moved back to Oklahoma and am looking for a good doc. Any suggestions? I hope it is Ok to ask such questions in the chat rooms. Have any of you experienced cancer since your Diagnosis? I don't want to bring everyone down so, I'll just listen and observe for a while.
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Maybe if you posted on the Fibro board here you might get the most answers. Take care and Happy New Year.