New to the chit chat board

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pumkinhead, Feb 26, 2010.

1. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

I used to post here years ago. Thank you to the kind people who invited me here from the fibro board.

There is a chance i may be booted out of here after my last post on the fibro board. If so i
    want you all to know i appreciate your support.

2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I do come over to the other boards occasionally and lurk (unless I have something I really want to talk about)but usually stay over here most of the time. So, I do know what you were talking about, even though I have not been there much lately.

I did see you, and possibly a few others, who were thinking about coming over here. I stay over here on chit chat and the Porch as the people that hang out here tend to be very supportive and loving. That is not to say that occasionally there may be a few "disagreements" . However, that is usually all they become.

As Joan and maybe Spring may have told you that Chit Chat and The Porch, also a part of Chit Chat is full of alot of fun loving and wonderful people. We can usually talk about mostly anything including recipes :) ! Most are very supportive and if we need to vent they are there for each other. There have been a few "regulars" that have been going through some hard times lately and so some have not been on here a lot lately. Right now I am talking mostly about The Porch - that is the bunch behind the Porchlights and volume numbers. You might want to pop in there once in awhile too. Some come daily, and others just come whenever they can and feel up to it. If you come and visit the Porch you will be considered a PORCHIE or more recently a PORCHKATEER !!

Anyway, I have blabbed on enough. Again welcome and I am glad you have come by to check us all out here on chit chat :) !

Warm hugs,

3. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

I'm sooooo glad you decided to join us here. Take some time and read some of the posts and you'll find that you'll be a wonderful addition to all the groups.

As I mentioned on your other thread (on the FM board) we'd love it if you visited us on the Winter Chat thread. I see others have invited you onto the Porch and the same hearty welcome applies there.

I'm so happy you've taken a chance on this board. Even though we're all ill we find ways to make ourselves (and others) smile again.

4. rocky76

rocky76 Member

I dont post much but I did see the trouble brewing
    over there....

Glad you found this board....

5. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

Grani thanks for the warm welcome i look forward to getting to know you and others

Nancy you are so kind i appreciate you and your invite

rocky i am glad to be here.

It will take me some time and i will visit the different threads.

I am meeting a friend for coffee today it will be great to get out of the house. I will check in later.

6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Chit Chat board. Remember when we used to post "Off Topic"?
    Now we don't have to because this board is all "Off Topic". But we still mention
    our DDs now and then.

The Loungers and Porchlight threads have no topic. Folks just chat about
    whatever they like. What they are doing. Or more likely, not doing. And
    kids and pets and music and recipes and TV and movies and books and this,
    that and the other thing.

Jump right in.

7. victoria

victoria New Member

Everydobby is nice to one another here....
    it's rare for any rudeness to occur, thankfully.

take care,

8. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Good to see you found us. You're going to enjoy this board. Join in anywhere you like, you'll be made to feel at home. I mostly post on the Lounger's Thread, simply because I don't have the energy for much more than that. I do check in on the medical board at times, but it's too stressful over there. This is the "oasis" here, rest and be refreshed.

9. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

This is a kinder place to be. Rock thanks i will jump on in when i can. Victoria and Fibro i am ready for a refreshing change an oasis.
  10. springwater

springwater Active Member

I dont go to CFS all the time so i dont know what specific problem you had. I did see your
    last post expressing disappointment with the board.

Welcome to chit chat.

God Bless
  11. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

Thanks Julie and Springwater. I look forward to getting to know you both. You are right i
    had issues with a group of mean sprited people picking on sick people and new people. Guess the momma bear came out in me. That is over now for me now.

12. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I did read your post on the other board.I click on interesting posts for new information but rarely post and get out fast at first signs of discord.No energy for it.
    I post on Loungers and read other topics here.I lead a quiet life so not a lot to talk about but I enjoy everyone on Chit Chats news and humor.
  13. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

We live a quite life too. I will make it to the loungers as i make my way thru different posts.
    See ya there.
  14. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

Sorry your not feeling well. Laughter is good for the soul. Your post made me chuckle. Thanks i am glad to be here on the light side.

Feel Better soon
  15. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

This is the only place (on the boards) where I hang out.

I was absent for over 2 months, & recently came back.
    My friends on "the Porch" welcomed me back so warmly!

This is a good place to be.

16. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

I agree with you. This is a good place to be. Thanks for the warm welcome
  17. JimB51

JimB51 Member

(I feel kinda rude calling you pumpkinhead {ha}) but anyway ... I remember you.
    I quit going to FM/CFS board long ago. Good info there but got too depressing (for me).
    Exchanging funny quips here and laughing at least gives me a lift.
    Welcome. (Rock is the house comedian here. Ha!)
  18. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Yeah, I go to the FMS board once in a while too, but there's too many big words over there! I like it here. It's like reading a nice, fuzzy kids book! You'll like it here too.
  19. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

Jim you can call me anything pumkin pumky or Patty I answer to all.

Heavenly I know what you mean about those five dollar words he he

I like it here thanks to all the KIND people.