New to the site

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amberortiz, Jul 22, 2003.

1. amberortiz

amberortiz New Member

I have been diagnosed with CFS & FM by three differnt doctors over a period of about five years. I've been sick since I was about 14yrs old. I am 27 yrs old now. I was told all my problems were caused by depression. I am married with two children. This is really hard on my marriage. Most of my family doesn't believe in CFS or FM. My older sister has been diagnosed with FM. Lately, things have been awful. I can barely get out of bed due to overwhelming fatigue, pain and muscle weakness. Even when I do get up I can't get anything done. I'm so glad to find a place where this illness is validated. I am so tired of being told if I just exercised more or really wanted to feel better, then I would. It is nice to find people who understand what I am going through.
  2. jkd7058

jkd7058 New Member

So glad you found this site. It is really a wonderful place to come and be accepted, ask questions, get information, get moral support, and maybe a cyber hug when you need it.

This is a place where you will never be judged so speak freely and often.

Sorry you have this DD but glad you are here with all of us.

3. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I know you will find comfort and friends here. Sometimes we are the only ones who understand. It's hard for people to understand who have never been in constant pain or fatigue that goes on and on.

I am blessed with an understanding family. My husband has come around every since he suffered an illness that went on for over 3-years.

You will find people who are going through the same things as you and you may even find help at times.

Well my brain is starting to fog. I hope I've made a little bit of sense.

Welcome again.
    Laura
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Amber, welcome to our world, love your name one of my favorite gem stones, and I also read the book years ago.

I am so sorry you have this illness, with small children it is very hard to deal with. I raised three with it, I have had FM for 20 plus years now.

I have FM, not CFS but do have fatigue at times. It is horrible.

Yes, we have all been through the 'if you would just exercise more' thing. I remember my husband telling me that years ago. But he finally came around to realizing that exercise in any streneous form is just out of the question, and causes more muscle spasms.

Walking, normally on the ground (not concrete) is fine, and I can use my Nordic Track when I am feeling good. Water exercise is great if you have access to a pool or hot tub, which I do not!

The only advice I can offer you with people who do not understand (which is most of the 'normal' population), try not let it bother you. The more stress you are under the worst you are going to feel.

Since your sister has been diagnosed with FM, you two can help one another.

Do as must research as you can, this board is a treasure of information. Go to the 'Home' and 'Library', and even the 'Store' links and read all that you are able too.

Again, welcome to the board, and I do hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. suz41

suz41 New Member

Welcome to our little world where your feelings and real physical pain and discomforts will be validated. I also understand how difficult it is to raise two children with FM. Thank God I don't have CFIS, I am blessed to have a supportive husband and am able to work( luckily I'm out for summer). I have yet to tell either my parents or brothers and sisters , except for one, she is open minded and we share a good friend in Florida thet has FM so she believes it to be real. Well enough already. Please keep posting as you can, good or bad people here will support and guide you. I hope you begin to feel better. Take care and Welcome!

Suz