New to this board from Toronto

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mom3, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Mom3

Mom3 New Member

Hi I am new to this board and find a wealth of information and symtoms that i have been experiencing and had no idea it's related to fibro. I was diagnosed by a well known rheumy at Toronto Western Hospital. I got it from a car accident, whiplash and it's 2 years. New symtoms have come and I basically have to pace myself, although some days even having done nothing feels painful. I have gone to work part time but i know they want me back full time or else??? I am taking tylenol #3 to take the edge off, but from taking meds for 2 years, my stomach feels like i could be getting an ulcer. I will be trying aqua therapy and I will also try some light working out. Any helpful suggestions, would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Mom3
  2. Mom3

Mom3 New Member

Hi I am new to this board and find a wealth of information and symtoms that i have been experiencing and had no idea it's related to fibro. I was diagnosed by a well known rheumy at Toronto Western Hospital. I got it from a car accident, whiplash and it's 2 years. New symtoms have come and I basically have to pace myself, although some days even having done nothing feels painful. I have gone to work part time but i know they want me back full time or else??? I am taking tylenol #3 to take the edge off, but from taking meds for 2 years, my stomach feels like i could be getting an ulcer. I will be trying aqua therapy and I will also try some light working out. Any helpful suggestions, would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Mom3
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, glad to have you join us at Pro Health. It is hard to deal with this pain. The best I have found was to take Magnesium, it seems to be lacking in people with Fibro.

If you like, you can go to the 'Store' link at the top of this page, and read about it.

Heated baths are also helpful for the pain, and a heated mattress pad helps with the morning stiffness.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. herekitty

herekitty New Member

I'm not bursting with suggestions, but I would like to say "Welcome" to you! I have been to Toronto several times - is it as much fun (or as much fun as anything can be with FM) to live in as it seems?
    Kitty =^..^=
  5. lucky

lucky New Member

There are quite a few Canadians on this board, and you will come across them when you read some of the messages.
    I live in Port Credit, close to Toronto, and believe that the rheumy you might have seen at Toronto Western might be Dr. Smythe.
    We have a member on this board who is a firm believer in Dr. Smythe's treatments, and I am sure if he knows that you have been diagnosed by this doctor, he will give you all kinds of infos.
    Hope this message will be read by this member who has greatly benefited from this doctor's treatments.
    Kind regards, Lucky
  6. Mom3

Mom3 New Member

Thank for your warm welcome, no lucky it was not Dr. Smythe, although i have heard of him too. My rhuemy was Dr. Reynolds. Hope to see you in the chat room. Thanks, Mom3
  7. lucky

lucky New Member

Spedding is the 'expert' on rheumatologists, especially he is very impressed with Dr. Smythe. However, I am not seeing any of these doctors, but was sure that Spedding would read our posts.
    I am sure that Dr. Reynolds knows what he is talking about when he diagnosed you with FMS.
    I never have been in the chat room, may be I should give it a try.