New to this board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by candlequeen521, Jul 3, 2008.

1. candlequeen521

candlequeen521 New Member

Hi, My name is Jessica I am new to this board. For a while I was on the scleroderma board. My first Rheumatologist had diagnosed me with scleroderma. I went for a second opinion and this doc believes I only have fibro. None of the drugs seem to work. I tried Lyrica. It worked great for 4 days then stopped working. This coming up week I am going to try a homeopathic doc and see how it works.
  2. Mwitherite

Mwitherite New Member

That's what's in my daily cocktail. I don't feel brand new but I can get thru the day. Then I take doxepin to put me to sleep.

Sucks to take that many pills. I try really hard not to let people see me. I'm only 30 and I take more pills than grandma. Those who have seen it probably think the worst, but Doc says they are not conflicting or a bad combo.
  3. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I'm sorry for the reason you are here, but glad you came! My pain and fatigue are old but the dx is new. I have an appt with a pain mgmt doc as well as a doc in Houston who specializes in Fibro. I'm also checking out homeopathic and alternative medicine. Somebody, somewhere is going to help me manage this or I'll just keep looking.

Right now I'm on Ultram and Celebrex and had to call for some Vicodin. I do have my days when I need something stronger. I have not yet tried Lyrica because I fear the weight gain.
  4. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

You're in the right place! How were you dx'd with scleroderma? Blood test? Just curious because that's one of the first things they tested me for and blood test was negative.

4 days doesn't seem like a really long time to be on any med. Sometimes you just have to hang in there and give it a chance. My rheumy is not a believer in Lyrica (based upon the results of the clinical trials), but all dr's are different.

Remember - lot's of information on this board - but always do what's best for YOU. We are all so different but share the same disease.

[This Message was Edited on 07/04/2008]
  5. candlequeen521

candlequeen521 New Member

I was diagnosed with scleroderma with a positive ANA and a positive 1.1 SCL-70 antibody.
  6. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Welcome to the board.

I'm on elavil, going to try cymbalta and also just started Ultram for pain.
    We are trying to eat more healthy at our house and I'm also looking into alternative things that might help.
    exercise is hard for me right now.
    The best thing I've found for my pain is to float in the feels wonderful.

Take care, Susan
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Sorry I missed you before. You will love this board. Lots of friendly and smart people here so check it out.

If you need anything or hae any questions just hollar out and someone will answer you.