New to this board

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Sharon1226, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Sharon1226

Sharon1226 New Member

I'm new to this board, but I post on the Fibromyalgia board all of the time. I wanted to come here because I really need some prayers sent up for me.

I've had some real tough times since Dec. I'm a single mom and live paycheck to paycheck, so things are always stressful when it comes to finances. Then in January I found that my boyfriend had stolen the old coin collection my father had left me when he passed away. I had been contemplating selling the coins to help out my situation, but couldn't bring myself to do it, as it was the only thing my father and I shared. I was completely devasted and felt like all emotion had left my body. I'm still very hurt over this and I'm having a hard time truly forgiving this person. I pray everyday that the Lord will take my bitterness away.

Shortly after that, I came home one day to find a gas leak at my house. Thank God the neighbor alerted me to it before I walked in the house. The gas co. said if I would have flipped the light switch, my daughter and I would have died. I then had to move into my mom's house only to experience the worst flare with my FM that I have ever had. It lasted for 2 weeks non-stop.

Anyway, I have now found a new place to live and am somewhat getting settled in. Here's the thing. I think during those bad times I think I was running on adrenaline and now that it's all set it I am very sad. I'm trying hard to not let othes see it, but it just seems that things are not getting better. I've tried focusing on the positive side of all of this, and trust me, I'm thankful that I'm still alive and things weren't worse. It's just that I don't know how to get this sadness to go away. Am I being selfish by thinking "woe as me"? I know others have it a lot worse than I do, but these feelings are something that will not go away.

Please pray for me. Pray that I will have joy in my life. Pray that I will come out stronger when all of this is through. Pray that through all of it I will still be a good mother to my daughter...I worry about her the most.

Thank you all for listening.
    Love,
    Sharon
  2. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Sorry that you are going through such a hard time, just lean on the and try to trust him to get you through

Dear Lord

Sharon calls you in her times of trouble, and you hear and deliver her.
    Sharon waits on the Lord and is of good courage, and He shall strengthen her heart, wait, I say, on the Lord.

Beloved, do not think it stange concerning the fiery trials which is to try you, as thought some strange thing happened to you' but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may aslo be glad with exceeding joy.
    in Jesus name I pray
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

My, you`ve sure been through alot. I pray for rainbows and better days ahead for you and your daughter. Maybe some day you`ll get the coin collection back... I hope so.

We are here for you anytime you need prayer or someone to just listen. Just hang on, there are better days ahead.

Hugs,
    Sandy
  4. Sharon1226

Sharon1226 New Member

It helped a lot to just actually write all that down. It was the first time I said all of that. I'm sure the Lord will take care of me, but it can just be overwhelming, ya know.
    Thanks,
    Sharon
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sharon, I am so glad you did not go into that house! The Lord was surely there for you then, and will continue to be with you.

I am so sorry about the coins, but just know that all things happen for a reason. The Lord will replace them with much more than you lost.

I will be praying for you and your little daughter, and especially that you get your joy back in your life. Just knowing that the Lord loves us is a joy in itself!

God's blessings going out to your and your sweet little girl.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello and welcome Sharon,

Dear Lord, Sharon and her family are going thru a tuff times right now and I ask that you stay by each of their sides, holding their hands, to give them comfort and peace, and the strength to endure. I pray also that Sharon has the patience with her daughter thru this difficult time. Bless them both Lord. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

Danny