New to this board

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by readalot, Jul 31, 2004.

1. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

I have been reading here, and thought I have better post.

I am a Christian. Have been for 31 years. I came to the Lord when I was 18. I had a rough life, but He has been there for me.

I have Major Depression, Arthritis, and Hypertension. All three is hard to deal with.

I am currently in the place that I can't work. I am in the process of getting SSDI. I would appreciate prayer concerning this. I hope to be approved soon. I am alone most of the time, and all that I going through is weighing heavy on me.

I would like to get to know you all, and support each other.

readalot
  2. Freedom1

Freedom1 New Member

I, too, am fairly new to the boards and you can be assured that we will pray for your needs. I also am experiencing the symptoms of Arthritis and it has been extremely difficult. I cannot work now, but have been praying for a healing so that I could return. I am alone depending totally on God to meet my needs, which at present, seems to need a miracle. The folks on this board are great and offer support and advice -- which is a Godsend. I pray that your SSDI application is approved, your needs are met and that you have peace of mind.
  3. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

Hi and Welcome to the Worship Board, We are all so glad to have you join us.

I will certainly be praying that everything turns out well with your SSDI.

Please join us as often as you can.

Blessings, Judy
  4. grge

grge New Member

Welcome,
    I will be praying that your SSDI will go well.
    You are never alone, God is with you and so are members of this group.

I read a lot too.
    grge
  5. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,Thanks for all your replies, and prayers. It does look like you all care. I am playing some Christian praise music now. It is so soothing after a hard day. It is really hot.I have been to the Chit Chat board. I have posted a couple times. It looks like a good board. I have to trust the Lord concerning SSDI. I have a long wait, and thinking about it. Guess when I think of it, to pray instead of worrying about the outcome. They sent me more forms to fill out. I did it and got them sent out.I like the daily reading and prayer posts. They are really good. I have written songs and poems. I have most of them on my website, but I can't post the URL. I have to share them on this board or the writers board.Thanks again, I am glad that I found this site. I will write down the prayer requests that you all request and pray about them in my prayer time. Thanks for your prayers. readalot
  6. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi Dixie,

Thanks for replying and praying for me. I am glad that you found this board too.

I have a new job. I had been working part time cleaning homes for the elderly. It has been so hard on me. I kept working because if I quit I would have no money coming in since I am the only one living here. The new job is temporary working in production. It is still a substantual income, so I can still do it. It will be easier on me than the other. I wanted to quit every time I had to work. I thank the Lord that things will be easier on me. I am waiting on SSDI. I don't know how long it will take. When approved I can quit the job. At least I don't have to torture myself or starve, and live on the street.

We had some thunderstorms lately, that I end up having to stay off the internet. I can't stand that. It is sunny now.

I hope things will be better for you. Thanks again for replying.

readalot
  7. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Readalot,
    I'm so sorry about your current difficulties and timeframe in growing closer to God in your life. I am in a somewhat similar situation as far as health & finances. It gets wearisome over the years. Do not give up hope. God is a God of restoration. We tend to give up on what God is doing in our life. He is with you. I will pray for renewed confidence, hope and the power of God to fill you today:) And also that God would deliver and provide for your needs
    Love, MOnkeykat
  8. readalot

readalot New Member

Thanks for replying. This is the last week of working at the cleaning job. I got one day down. I told the clients at the end of time I am there. I don't like long goodbyes, and I don't want to explain it.

I am sorry to read that you are going through a hard time. It is during these battles that we need to trust the Lord. I added one of my songs that goes along with this on my website. I will post the song after I get done here. Many times I have to be reminded, even from my own writings.

Thanks for praying for me. I am also looking for a different church to attend.

May the Lord bless you, and keep you each day.

(((Hugs)))