New to this board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by valry, Sep 9, 2003.

1. valry

valry New Member

Hi, my name is Valery. I have been on the depression board, but I am new to this one. I was diagnosed with fibro about 6 years ago. Had so many tests before going to a rheumatolgist. It took her about 5 minutes to diagnosis me. I also suffer from depression and anxiety. This is not a good med to take but the one thing that completely took my fibro pain away was chemo therapy. I was diagnosed with breast cancer one and a half years ago. Had a mastectomy and chemo. It took a while but all of a sudden I realized I had no pain. When I saw my doc he said because they hang steroids with the chemo agents. It kept me pain free for about six months after I finished. Now it is all back of course. I am on antidepressents, they don't help the pain at all, but do help me cope with it. Val
  2. kimkane

kimkane New Member

WELCOME, YOU WILL FIND SOME WONDERFUL PEOPLE HERE. WE ALL TRY TO HELP AND SUPPORT EACH OTHER, WE ARE FULL OF COMPASSION. SO SORRY YOU ARE GOING THRU ALL THAT YOU ARE.
    I HAVE HAD FIBRO AND EVERYTHING THAT GOES WITH IT FOR ABOUT 4 YRS NOW. WE ALL HAVE BEEN THRU ALOT. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN KIMK
  3. Lexied

Lexied New Member

I just want to welcome you and introduce myself ... I'm Lex and I have FM along with a lot of other medical problems. When I read your post it made me realize that I have a lot to be thankful for ... I'm so sorry you've had cancer and had to go through chemotherapy. It always makes me sad to see someone have to deal with what you've had to. Before I found this board and the wonderful people on it, I felt lost. You will find a lot of comfort and inspiration here and I'm glad you've found us! My prayers are with you and I am looking forward to "getting to know you!"

God Bless - Lex
  4. michaele

michaele New Member

Hi Val-------

Welcome aboard. I am pretty new also. I am so sorry for all the problems you've been dealing with. That chemo must've been really rough. I've got depression also and a host of other maladies. But, I have found true comfort here on this board. Acceptance is another issue and I finally fit in somewhere. You are in my prayers and I hope you find solace in this board. You are not alone.

Love,
    Michaele
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

You have certainly been through a lot with all your health problems. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2000 and fibromyalgia in 2002. Hope you find this to be a good place for help and support like I have.

Ellen
  6. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Geezzzz, talk about a cloud with a silver lining. You have been through so much, what a survivor. Glad to have you here, but wish you did not have to be. Fondly, June
  7. Lana56

Lana56 New Member

Valery,
    Welcome to the board.I am sorry to hear about all you have been through.Hope you can find the support you need here-I know you will Lana56
  8. desertsun

desertsun New Member

Hi All,
    I am new to board also. I have Fibromyalgia for ten years. It came in me after, I was rear ended in 1994. I know what you all feel. I went to a new doctor in July of this year, and he took me out of the burning pain all over my body. I take Ativan 0.5mg,lexapro 10mg, pamelor10mg. I also take neurontin 900 mg a day. This has given me back my life it is the best that I have been in ten years since I got this mess. I hope this will help someone. I know we are different when it comes to medicines. May God bless you all.

God bless,
    Carolyn
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad to hear both of you found our board. We have some terrific people here, and a whole lot of knowledge too.

Val, so sorry to hear that you have been through so very much, but glad to hear you have come so far too. You are one strong lady.

Carolyn, glad you have found relief for the pain. A lot of our members have gotten FM from auto accidents.

Again, a big welcome to both of you.

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]