New to this site

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wolflake46, Mar 2, 2003.

1. wolflake46

wolflake46 New Member

I found out that I had FM 2 years ago although I know I have had it for at least 5. Some days are good but others I don't want or feel like doing anything. Between the bouts with IBS Migrain headaches and sore and stiffness all over I feel like I can;t cope somedays. Nobody understands what I am going through who don't have this. I need to find a good doctor but I can't seem to find one who wants to listen to me. Please help! If anyone knows of a good doctor in the Southern Minnesota area, please let me know! I'm tired of getting the run around.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Wolf, welcome to our world. YOu are so right, no one understands these illnesses unless they have them. It is very difficult for 'normals' to believe we are ill as most of us do not look sick. But we know how we feel.

You have come to the right place, we are all suffering from the same illnesses here and we do try to help and confort one another.

There is a 'Doctor Referral' list at the top of this page, just click on it, and look for your state to see if there is one located in your area.

I do know we have some people from Minnesota on this board, but the board is slow on the weekends, so they will no doubt be on tomorrow to share with you.

Again, welcome to the board, and let us hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

so HI, and welcome:)
    god bless, camelgirl
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I don't have any contact info in Minnesota, but I'm hoping someone else here can help you. I do have the stiffness & soreness, no IBS, but the migraine headaches have become an increasing problem for me lately, too. I have only used supplements for FM in the past, no prescription drugs-----however, I just asked my doctor for some help for these headaches & he prescribed Maxalt & it's been a miracle drug for me! It is NOT preventative medicine, you take it when you feel the migraine coming on (and I actually wait a little longer myself to be sure it's actually a migraine & not a regular headache) but it works beautifully.

My doctor is an CFS/FM allergist, so we are doing a whole allergy protocol for me------I'm hoping to one day be able to eliminate the source of these migraines so I don't even need the medicine; in the meantime, though, Maxalt has been a godsend! You might ask your regular physician about it (if you can't yet find a FM doc).

Good luck & hope you find some relief & a good doctor, too!

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

Just wanted to say hi and welcome aboard. I am having one of those days myself where I have a ton of things that need to be done, but no energy or willingness to do them.

so I do what has to be done and rest.

We DO understand what you are going through, so post away and hopefully we can be of some support for you.

i have IBS also and have found ever since I eat at least one yogurt a day and stay away from too much dairy and gluten I do better.

I hope you find a good doc--that is hard I know. Been through so many too many to count in the last 12 years. I suffer from CFS,FIBRO,osteo arthritis, interstitial cystitis just to name a few ailments. Right now I am on the mend from ACL reconstruction on my left knee.

Hang in there and enjoy the good days and do not over do it on them. Balance is the answer and believe me, I am no expert, but it is getting better. I listen to my body and rest when it says rest when ever possible.

cathy
  6. amilyne

amilyne New Member

hi wolf, i too am from minnesota but i live in minneapolis and i know what you mean about getting the run around..i have been searching for a good doc for awhile and i cant find one that will treat me for my pain..im 22 so i think that it has alot to do with my age..i get the drug seeker treatment bad and it is so maddening...well i wish you luck..this state has morons for doctors lol.
    --ami