New to this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Milinea, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Milinea

Milinea New Member

Well, not really new to the symptoms just new to the (possible) diagnosis. My question is, how do you take care of yourselves? I am a single mom with little to no support structure. The only family I have is my mom and 2 sons. The oldest one recently moved in with my mom because he can't handle my illness. The only real friend I have is dying from hepatitis C.

I HAVE to work, I get no child support or any other income unless I earn it. It seems I'm not so bad off physically as long as I just work and goto bed when I get home. If I do ANYTHING else I am paying for it for days.(last week I cleaned up for 2 days in a row for 45 minutes to an hour both days and I was sore for the next 5 days) This means cleaning up is kept to a minimum, I do grocery shop but it exhausts me to no end. My house looks like a crack house, I am embarassed to live there, but I simply cannot get it cleaned up and then work the way I need to the next day. My younger son still at home is not alot of help although he does try to help me some, I just cannot enforce cleaning up rules and he knows it.

I am not trying to be whiney about my situation I am looking for a way to fix it. Quitting work or hiring a housekeeper are not solutions I can impliment at this time. Going out and meeting people and making friends is not the answer I am looking for. I just don't know how I can continue to live like this without going into a REAL depression.

Sorry this was so long and Thanks for taking the time to read it