New to this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rushing, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Rushing

Rushing New Member

I was recently diagnosed with Fibro, perepheral neuropathy, polycystic ovary syndrome, and I have always suffered from complex migraine headaches. I'm having a hard time dealing with this, and would love to complain to someone (other than my poor husband!) If anyone is interested in maybe being an email penpal or something cheesy like that, please let me know! Thanks!
    Krystal
  2. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi Krystal~~So glad you decided to join us. You will find alot of caring, knowledgeable, friendly people here. So, please feel free to jump in and ask whatever questions you might have or respond to any posts.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time. No doubt you have had FM long before it was officially diagnosed. I am 54 and have had FM/CFS since my teens; was born with severe asthma/allergies; through the years developed osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis, & rheumatoid arthritis, have IBS, and was diagnosed with advanced degenerative disc disease 3 years ago. I continue to work 3 days a week, but it is getting harder & harder to keep going.

Do you have a good doctor? Tell us your specific aches & pains, and perhaps we can be of more help to you.

Most importantly, through this Board you will find that you are not alone, and you can vent all you want here because we understand what you are going through.

Others will be along to welcome you and offer support. The Board is slower on the weekends, but you can usually find someone online even in the wee hours of the morning.

Glad to meet you. Blessings, Carol....
  3. NutsInAlabama

NutsInAlabama New Member

I know you have found a wonderful helpful group of peeps and I would be happy to "talk" with you Also the chat room is a GREAT place to meet people and can help with questions. See ya there and i can give you my IM id's and e-mail addy

soft hugs
    Deb

[This Message was Edited on 09/04/2003]
  4. suexi

suexi New Member

Welcome to the board. Sometimes I feel so awful but don't always feel comfortable to vent out for everyone to see. I have had CFS for about a year and a half. My son moved out about 8 months ago so I live by myself. I can do mostly things that need to be done but it's hard to do things that I want to (if that makes sense). Anyway, e-mail me anytime; Suzi01@aol.com
    Susan
  5. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

Welcome to the board! I find this board to be a blessing! you have tons of support here! I think its a good idea to keep the complaints to a minimal when it comes to hubbies. Mine just gets too worried, and stressed. Thats why we need these support groups! also they never fully understand this DD either... Take care, Blessings, Iggy