New to website

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jgsgirlie, Mar 1, 2010.

1. jgsgirlie

jgsgirlie New Member

I have been lurking around for a couple of weeks, reading different posts, it is amazing to me the wealth of information that several of you have regarding your illnesses.
    The one thing that I have noticed is that there is not one thing that works for all of us.
    I am taking Savella, for FM, and have had some improvement, although not a cure, there has been some relief for me.
    I look forward to reading more and hopefully gaining a new perspective from all of you.
    I just wanted to introduce myself.
  2. quanked

quanked Member

your right--there is tons of infor here. Glad you are here.
  3. debilyn

debilyn New Member

I'm taking Savella too for FM symptoms. I have been taking it about three months. I notice that if I can get past the sweating and hot flushes, I do feel better during the day. I feel that the Savella has increased my energy/stamina and reduced the pain somewhat. I just hate the side effects. If they don't go away soon, I don't know if I can continue with the medication.

How long have you been taking it and do you suffer with the excessive sweating and hot flushes too?

[This Message was Edited on 03/01/2010]
  4. loto

loto Member

Nice to meet you jgsgirlie.

My name is Lori and I have FM, also. And a few other conditions that have "popped up" since I was diagnosed with FM in 2008.

Feel free to ask any questions or vent any concerns!

5. loto

loto Member

I'm glad the Savella is helping you, but not glad about your side effects.
    I tried to try the Savella, but couldn't get past 3 days of the side effects I had with it.
    Oh my gosh I could actually HEAR my eyeballs move! LOL, sounds funny now that I look back on it, but it made me feel so strange I just couldn't give it anymore time. The one thing it did help me with was being able to stay awake in the evenings later.
    Hope your side effects go away and you can totally enjoy the benefits of the med!

6. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

When I first found this board, it was such a relief to find others who know what I'm going through! It's also a very good place to find information, support, friends, etc.

7. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Hi jgsgirlie!
    It's really nice to have you here!

Very true - there certainly is not one thing that works for all of us, but when someone says they have found something that gives them some relief, we are truly happy for that person!

I'm glad that Savella is giving you some improvement!
    Anxious to learn more about you - post questions, answers and definitely post your experiences!

There are lots of great people here who have lots of love and support to give as well as valuable information.
    It is such a blessing to know that when we feel so alone in our battles, there are people who are a click away who truly understand!

8. jgsgirlie

jgsgirlie New Member

I have been taking the Savella about as long as you have...I do have the hot flashes, and am still suffering from feeling "pukey" on and off, I know that it is no cure, but I have been on so many other drugs..Neurontin, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Rotigotine, and more then I can remember.
    I couldn't get over the side effects of any of those, weight gain, high blood pressure, vomiting, kidney problemsl. You name it I had them.

I was at my wits end when I found out about the Savella, (it was so bad, I asked my husband to take me out back and shoot me!) if I didn't get some relief soon. It has taken me from I can't live like this to I can handle this. As long as the edge stay in check I will be okay, I also take Darvocet, or Vicodin when the ugly flairs again.

My Dr. feels that the medical community will have more definitive answers for people with fm/cfs in the next decade, I just hope that we all can live our best life until then.

Thanks to all that answered me, your kindness is more than welcoming