New to ZMA from Prohealth couldnt sleep-Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acupuncture, Mar 27, 2003.

1. acupuncture

acupuncture New Member

Hi I just started ZMA. I took 1 cap around noon the first day and had terrible gas. Also started OLE at the same time so I'm not sure what caused the gas. Last night I took 1/2 cap 45 min before bed. I was awake all night! My brain tends to run crazy at the same time that I'm exhausted so I have to be careful. I don't want to give up on the ZMA> I took 1/2 cap at noon today and hope that's ok. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I think it is the mag that gives you the gas. It did me too for a week or two. It does get better. As for the zma I have the same problem in that I have a racing brain at night and the zma has kept me awake. Have been on it for about 12 days now. other people here have said that it takes a while to get into your system. I am taking two caps at about 6pm. just wanted to let you know you are not alone on this one!
  3. Dayle

Dayle New Member

Really does help me but I too seemed to get more energy after taking it 1 hr. before bed time. So I read to relax me before I plan to sleep. Also, I have been exercising more & that helps. I have been taking zma for 2 weeks & I am only waking once a nite. I am sleeping up to 6hrs at a time usually 5 but that is a big improvement. I also understand that it's wise to start on a lower dose & work up. Good luck I hope that I've shared something useful. LOL, Day
    [This Message was Edited on 03/27/2003]
  4. srollins

srollins New Member

BUMP, PLEASE

OX, SHIRLEY
  5. ladydi

ladydi New Member

I found out very quickly that when I started taking
    Magnesium Oxide at night, I was also getting wired-up.

Every sleeping pill does the same thing for me.

I take my Magnesium, Malic Acid, and Vitamin B-100 in the
    morning.

The doc tried me on Ritalin to help with CFS. Well, it
    made me extremely tired. (wrong effect)

If you're taking it for sleep, it may not be working for you. The magnesium is so good for our muscles, that's why
    I still take it.

My phyc doc tells me to take Melatonin at 7:eek:opm and then
    around 9:00 I take my Klonapin and muscle relaxer.
    I was leary of taking the Melatonin with the Klonapin, but
    she said it was OK "for me". The Melatonin helps me wind
    down so I don't get that "second wind".

Hope you find a solution. Sleepless nights are so frustating. There's got to be something you can do.

You know we're all different; so I wouldn't want you to take "my" routine as "advice". Just thought I'd throw
    another idea at ya.

Best wishes,
    Di
  6. judywhit

judywhit New Member

have not gotten a good nights sleep yet and have been taking it for over 2 weeks. last night was the pits! brain hurting this morning.