New too

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fudge43, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I just signed up today .. I have fibromyalgia, Hypothyroid ( Hashimoto's ) MVP .. leaking heart valve, tinnitus .. so far that is it for now .. I have not talked to anyone else that suffers from fibro .. I keep thinking I can do this .. I'm a 48 year old married woman who just is stumped at times with what I have to handle . good family doctor but she has been away on maternity leave so the fill in doctors have been a little hard to take .. are there others out there with these overlapping conditions as well .. I would really appreciate hearing from you.
  2. twerp

twerp New Member

I have chronic fatigue and Hashimoto's, but no fibro - at least not diagnosed.

However, there are loads of people here with fibro and I'm sure they will be very helpful with any of your questions/concerns.

I've found this to be a very supportive board and I hope your experience with it is as good.

Again, welcome!

Hugs,
    Twerp
  3. badluck

badluck New Member

A lot of us here have multiple diagnoses. I have FMS, multiple chemical sensitivities, and Degenerative Disk Disease. This is a great board to come to when you get "stumped" as most thing you experience have been dealt with by someone else who can help. Glad you found us!!!
  4. elsa

elsa New Member

I'm glad you found your way here but I'm sorry you have to deal with this illnesses.

I have CFS/FM .... can be a tough at times, but I am
    getting better. Nowhere near where I want to be .... but
    heading in the right direction.

Most of what I have learned about these illnesses and possible treatments have come from the members of this board or from Pro Health's library.

You'll love how supportive and caring the members are.
    Nothing like being surrounded by people who KNOW you're not crazy.

I hope you are doing well ..... Talk soon,

Elsa
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

Welcome, Fudge! I, too, like your name - and my favorite fudge is my own peanut butter fudge!! LOL

Glad you found our board/support group. There is a lot of very friendly, knowledgeable people here who are more than willing to help you.

Hope you join in often!

I am 54, married with 3 adult children, have had fibro/cfs since I was around 10 yrs old, worked for 30 years and had to take early retirement due to my poor health. I have a lot more serious problems in addition to my fibro--see my bio. Also, when you have a chance, complete your bio so we know a little bit more about you!

Hope to talk with you often!

Hugs,
    Janet