New Too!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by katbird7, Oct 11, 2005.

1. katbird7

katbird7 New Member

Hi, I guess I jumped in to the message board without introducing myself. My name is Kathi, I'm a second grade teacher, but on medical leave for FMS & CFS. I have two nearly grown sons--one in his second year of college and one that left for Iraq this Sat. which has not been too good on the fibro. My husband pastors a church, and I so much want to be able to help with visitations, etc., but most of the time unable to do so. I too know what the pain and fatigue of all this does to you and your family. I have worked 9 years with this disease which finally led me to taking a year's leave hoping to find something to help me to go back to work. I gone through many doctors, rheumatologists, clincs, whole health doctors, chiropractors, massage therapists, ocupational therapists, physical therapist, etc. If I've heard of it, I've tried it. I recently was put on Lyrica. Please read my posting about it. Thanks, katbird7
  2. orachel

orachel New Member

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you better. We have a fantastic Thursday night prayer group here....we "prayer bomb" Heaven each Thursday at 11pm. Theres always an active prayer request thread for any special intentions you'd like to ask for for yourself or others.

This group is amazing, inspirational, and the best source of support I could ever have asked for! I hope you find some solace here. As you can see, we ask questions, offer advice, pick people up when their down, and run to the board when we're having a crummy day in need of support in a big way. It does not always have to be medical because obviously this affects every area of our lives!

Welcome, Katbird...looking forward to getting to know you soon!

Hugs!
    Rachel
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Welcome to our board/support group, katbird!! I, too, love that name. My late father used to use to call us kids that when we were little and into meanness!

Thank your son who recently left for Iraq for serving his great country! I will say a prayer for him for his safe return. You must be so proud of him!!

I am 54, married with 3 adult children, 2 grandsons, and retired after working for 30 years. I have fibro/cfs and much, much more (see my bio). I have had fibro and lupus since I was a child, it just was not properly diagnosed then.

I looks as if you have gone to every type of medical professional available!! I have made the same route!

My current fibro protocol is: Cymbalta, Neurotin, and Zanaflex. And ... a heating pad is my best friend!!

Hope to be talking with you often!

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. katbird7

katbird7 New Member

Thanks Nancy for the welcome and comforting words. I've always wanted to sign on, but when I was working I couldn't find the time. At least being off work does have some advantages. Oh, my husband gave me the nickname when we were dating, but my middle brother had always called me that as a child. I look forward to all this wonderful knowledge and support.
    Prayers and love, Katbird
    [This Message was Edited on 10/12/2005]
  5. katbird7

katbird7 New Member

Thanks Rachel for the welcome and I love the idea of the prayer group. Do you sign on at 11:00 to pray or just pray at that time for the request from the thread (which I'll have to figure that out too)? This all sounds great, but since I'm new it may take me a while. I've always wanted to sign on to the message board, but when I was working I couldn't find the time. At least being off work does have a few advantages. I look forward to all this wonderful knowledge and support!
    Prayers and love, Katbird
  6. katbird7

katbird7 New Member

Thanks Janet for the welcome and comforting words, but most of all I appreciate the prayers for my son. I am very proud of him. This message board sounds like it will be a great support group. I've only been signed on a day and I love the replies that I have had. It may take me a while to figure everything out, but now I have some time to do it. I've always wanted to sign on, but when I was working I couldn't find the time. At least being off work does have some advantages. I look forward to getting to know everyone better. Prayers and love, Katbird