New topic: How long did it take to get SSD?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeresaBnGA, Sep 4, 2002.

1. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

This is mainly for my curiosity but could be quite interesting to find out. Anyway just wanted anyone that is on Social Security Disability to post how long it took them to get it started. I am awaiting my first decision now.

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  2. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

This is mainly for my curiosity but could be quite interesting to find out. Anyway just wanted anyone that is on Social Security Disability to post how long it took them to get it started. I am awaiting my first decision now.

Soft hugs!
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

It took me 13 months to win my case from the date I filed. Klutzo
  4. little

little Member

It took me six years. I tried to get it by myself and was turned down. Then I got a lawyer.
  5. jackiec

jackiec New Member

I applied in January 2001, was denied in November 2001, have been in the first appeal ever since.....9 months and waiting (Oh, baby!!--- need a C-section fast!!)

J.C.
  6. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

At what point did you get an attorney and what illness or combo of illnesses did you file?

Soft hugs!
  7. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Do you have an attorney? What was the illness or combo of illnesses that you filed on?

Soft hugs!
  8. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Bumping up so everyone can see.....
  9. allyann

allyann Guest

I received my letter of notification that my benefits would begin exactly six monthes from the date that I applied. I am 56 years old and have the diagnosiis of fibro., depression, high blood pressure, high cholestol. I don't know if my age had anything to do with it, or if it was my job as it was very physical. Anyway I thank and praise God for an answered prayer. Best wishes Alice
  10. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

11. jackiec

jackiec New Member

My original claim was based on "depression".....and I've been fighting since then (I disagreed from the beginning, I was NOT depressed, but certainly very confused as to what was happening). Didn't find a doctor willing to do proper lab work, etc,. until May of this year, so it's only been since that time that I've had "physician support ". Seems the LTD doesn't like the way he words things....they still say there's not enough evidence to support medical disability and are paying for 24 months on "mental/nervous condition". Doctor even sent them a letter stating any depression is a result of the chronic EBV/chronic mono (which has resulted in the CFS). Have multiple other medical problems that they are aware of (IBS, carpal tunnel, shingles, visual dysfunction, etc). Still haven't heard from Soc. Sec. Disab. since the latest medical info has been given to them. Thanks for asking....sorry I don't seem able to put things into short replies and this is only a brief sketch of my disab. issues.

Am willing to share 3-mail address to further discuss issues such as LTD and SSD. (BTW, I'm in Michigan).

Good luck to everyone! J.C,
  12. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Almost 2 years for me..............
  13. DeniseM

DeniseM New Member

I have CFIDS that started in November 2001. I applied for SSDI in April of 2002 and got my award letter in June 2002.
  14. pamj

pamj New Member

I was one of the lucky ones! I filed in November 2001, and was approved within 6 months. I did not get a lawyer. I initially filed in CA, but then moved to Massachusetts in January and had to file my "request for reconsideration" (the second step) in MA. They approved me without any other questions, and I never had to meet with anyone in person. My doctors were all extremely supportive.

Good luck!!!!
    Pam
  15. Coping

Coping New Member

November 2001 to Sept.2001 10 months. FMS/OA/Depression.
    I live in Ca.
  16. imruggers

imruggers New Member

I was one of the lucky ones. I was approved my first try, without a lawyer, within 4 months after filing the first paperwork. I did have alot of medical documentation (I think that is the secret) and copied and mailed all the records myself so that they didn't have to wait to recieve medical records from several different Drs. I am on SSD for FMS, chronic migraines and hypogammaglobulinanemia (an immune system disorder).

Susie