"New" use for the Shake

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Apr 6, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I've been having Stormy's Shake for breakfast since Oct. I love it!

Just recently, I started making just a bit more and having it for breakfast AND for a snack when I get home from work.

I toss in an extra strawberry or two, a few more blueberries, a little more of whatever frozen fruit is going in that day. (I usually use strawberries, cherries, pineapple, blueberries & peaches as well as the fresh apple) Then I add just a tad more whey and ground flax and a bit more water. This stretches it far enough that I have my usual 16 oz glass in the morning and have enough left for a small 6 oz glass that I store in the fridge. (I make my shake thin enough to drink through a straw)

Then I have a healthy snack waiting for me when I get home! That way I don't automatically reach for the chocolate chips or some other not-so-healthy snack. Holds me til dinner. Yum.

Katy
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Do you just use the same fresh fruit as you do frozen? Is there any fresh fruit that DOESN'T work well in the shake?

I'm sure fresh strawberries, blueberries and peaches would be very yummy. Does melon blend up well?
  3. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

I'm thoroughly addicted as well. I almost get sad when I travel and forget the ingredients/blender ;)

Thanks again,
    GoAskAlice
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

Been reading about this shake. What's in it? What's it good for. Noticed a lot of people drinking it.

Kriket
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'll bump a thread for you called "Stormyskyes Protocol & the shake". It lists everything about making the shake. It's good stuff!
  6. rachelfox

rachelfox New Member

I would really like information on the shake that I have
    been reading about. I am interested in trying it for
    myself. Could you please reply with the instructions on
    how to make it?
    Thank you and have a great evening!
    rachelfox