New User/Newly Diagnosed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SwatWife525, Sep 29, 2009.

1. SwatWife525

SwatWife525 New Member

So I made a post, and can't find where it went. Technology is not my friend.

Anyways, I am newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I finally feel like these doctors believe me. We know our bodies and know that we shouldn't feel like we cannot take another step.

I am hopeful for the first time in about two years. I'm sick of living in constant pain. I know you all know what I mean.

Hope everyone had a great day and thanks for listening. I look forward to talking with you all.
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

just wanted to welcome you to the boards, and yes we sure do know what you mean
  3. Tiffanie1

Tiffanie1 New Member

This is such a tuffie to deal with as You I am sure already know.(fibromylgia) Please do know You are not alone....I have found the best support here!!

I mostly hang out in the fibromylgia chat room,and in there You will find alot of kind people dealing with alot of the same things You are.

Keep up the fight!!! Good luck!!!
  4. s8vdbygr8ce

s8vdbygr8ce New Member

i too am pretty new here.i hope we can become better aquainted.the user name is s8vdbygr8ce.i too had hard time finding a dr to believe me.but finally did about 6 years ago and i am still with this peticular dr.
    praise God.
  5. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi SwatWife525!

Welcome to the boards! I'm sure you'll be surprised at the amount of information you learn and the similarities you share with many here. Don't be afraid to ask questions or reply to others' posts. We're all here to help each other.

Welcome and I hope you are having a good day today!
  6. daboysone

daboysone New Member

Hi I too am fairly new to the welcome! I look on the message board daily and find it to be a source of great info as well as a comfort to me (knowing that I am not alone with FM). Hope you feel better soon. What kind of symptoms are you currently having? Did it take a while for you to get diagnosed? It did for me however I think for me it was a delay on my part in getting diagnosed. I felt so bad for so long especially when I was working ( I am a nurse ) but thought it my mind that my pain was just middle age creeping up on me! I would have to stand for 8-12 hrs per day at work and my legs and hips and feet would hurt so bad, but I didn't go to the dr. Once I finally said I cant do this anymore and went to my dr. I got diagnosed pretty quickly! Take care and feel better! M
  7. SwatWife525

SwatWife525 New Member

I felt the same way! Like it was just part of life to hurt and nobody wanted to hear me complaint.

Current symptoms are: OH MY BODY HURTS AND CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER STEP, followed by DEAR LORD PLEASE HELP ME KEEP MY EYES OPEN, with some depression and anxiety mixed in.
    Some days I feel like my body is just going to break!

I've been "sick" for about 2 years now and was just diagnosed this week.

8. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I wish that I could offer that anything is going to help. You may find something that does, but for me, and for all that I have tried, there has not been relief for me. I have, over time, become worse and in more pain. Now I just pray for the hour that I can take my pain meds.
  9. SwatWife525

SwatWife525 New Member

I am so sorry to hear that you do not get relief from anything :( I will keep you in my prayers.