New videos from me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Feb 8, 2010.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I did a video ranting about the misinformation that's out there about our illness.

Here's one about toxic people in our lives.

You can also get to my videos through my Youtube channel:

The rant came about because a child in eighth grade posted a school project video on CFS and it was full of misinformation and I went nuts. She put in that the disease only affects women in their 40's, you only get it when you are stressed, it's genetic, and you can prevent it by not getting stressed. Yeah, right. This is what they are teaching children in school about CFS. And it needs to STOP.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

You go girl! have watched your videos. great job.

scary about school project. wonder where she got her info from.
  3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Here is the video that upset me and guess what, they deleted my comment telling them it was all misinformation and they should get educated.
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

I'll watch it and comment also. who deleted the person who put it on?

I'm new to computers so dont know alot how it works.
  5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Whoever is in charge of the account that put the video up. I had commented that it was full of misinformation and they should get educated on the subject and they deleted my comment.
  6. 3gs

3gs New Member

not sure if my bad day or what but I cant find the video!
  7. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member
  8. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I was trying to put in a response to her video, but I couldn't remember my youtube account info (it's been several months since I've used it), so I am waiting for youtube to e-mail my info so I can log on to youtube in order to comment.

I am going to try to post this ProHealth web address and CFIDS Association's, and any other I can think of, like the Whittemore Peterson Institute, Phoenix Rising CFS, etc. and encourage her to visit those websites and read up on CFIDS.

It sounds like she just didn't know much about CFIDS, and was reciting things she read out of a book or something... I hope she'll read up on it and get educated!

Thanks for posting a video to spread correct information. BTW, so sorry you've had such a hard time with your family/friends. It's bad when you can't even count on them!

God bless!

9. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

are disabled.
    Tea, why would her ratings be disabled ?
    Is that allowed when a person has a youtube video, could it may be due to her age?
    Oh heck, i don't know , i'm just guessing at why she would disable her ratings.

I'll check out your videos soon, just watched hers and thought i'd ask you a quick question about her disabled ratings.

10. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I think the child's ratings are disabled bc they re doing site maintenance.....I just tried to go to Tea's and they also had that message.....check back in a little while and it should work....however I cannot get the child's video to come up at all (either via the link or via her site.....some fishing thing came up)
    [This Message was Edited on 02/08/2010]
  11. butterflydream

of what comes around goes around with Toxic people. I've seen it happen .

You sure did great on explaining so much Tea.

AuntTammie, i think you're right with the site maintenance. The disabled Ratings are now gone.

12. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

They do site maint every night for a few hours.
  13. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I have no trouble getting to her video, make sure you are copying the entire url and pasting the whole thing in.
  14. butterflydream

I didn't have any problems either with hers or your videos.
    This gal must be doing these for a school project, maybe she's realized her info was not correct. Good thing you brought all this up in your video Tea, maybe she watched and listened to you. You may have taught her and who knows maybe she'll remove or delete her video.

Thanks for posting here that you made new videos, updates of new ones is helpful to know.

wonder if any of your family ever see your videos, good way for you to let them see the real life you and many of us live.

Hugs, Butterflydream
  15. butterflydream

i just reread my post. Darn drives me bananas when i think i'm explaining something and the doesn't come out like i wanted.

I meant to say..
    I didn't have any technical problems either with hers or your videos.

leaving out one word can make a mess. so oooops.
    i think i better call it a night, hopefully i'll get some sleep.
  16. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I doubt she looked at my videos. Just the fact she deleted my comment, she probably blocked me.

My relatives are so backwards, they rarely ever use the net. They have no excuse for not using it, they have the money and the net access. One of the reasons they are so ignorant is because all they do is go to work and any free time is spent going to wealthy social functions. They live in their own little world and anything that threatens that world, they ignore. But they are ignorant by choice. They told me to never send them any more material regarding this illness.
  17. butterflydream

Knowledge is Power. Anyone that has this life we live would definately want and need to educate themselves. That is only common sense to me. You have taught me much of what i did not understand with this disease we have. If i had not asked you questions and watched your youtube, i would not have been learning of symptoms i have and names of such illnesses.
    i highly recommend you to continue sharing your knowledge and energy in doing so to people whom do want to hear it.

We do know what Toxic relatives are, i would not spend an ounce of energy sending material regarding this illness to them. I'm assuming they don't have it(illness) so they don't care.
    Although i assume if they did have it, you would be the first person they would be contacting.

So true, ignorant by choice. Hold your head high Tea, you're much better off without this type of ignorance in your life,even though they are relatives you have choices also.

Your knowledge is so welcome here , share what we can and learn from others as knowledge is Power. Thank you Tea

i listen well, keep teaching as i am still learning

18. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I do copy and paste the whole thing - this just happens rather sporadically for no understandable reason - it does not happen every time so I know I am doing it rt....I can only ever get to your videos by going to your site, never by cutting and pasting the url....and there are some sites that I can get to sometimes, not others, some that always work - it's just wierd
  19. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

and of course it didn't work. My comment was very nice, too, and full of info. I think Kina's idea is good! That'll be a good learning moment for many people.

20. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I haven't looked at the videos yet, but Kina's idea is wonderful - that way the teacher at least would have accurate information and could address it with her student(s). What a great learning opportunity.

Regarding your family - as you've told us so many times before, it's sad for me to hear every time. I am hoping that your part about toxic people in your life is obvious in who you are speaking to. Let's send your family the link. People are always curious - even if they don't agree or "care".

I'm impressed that you even know how to post on You Tube. See, I'm behind on the times! LOL!