New viruses or flare? Wear masks in public?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by landra, Jan 27, 2009.

1. landra

landra New Member

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Since November, I have had upper respiratory symptoms that just wear me out. It began with chest congestion that would not go away and had me coughing up huge amounts of stuff all day and several times a night. I now have Advair which controls that. The head cold symptoms began right after that - congestion, drainage, sore throat, coughing, and mucous from every way imaginable. This last round, I got 4 days of "normal" and got hit really badly again.
    I go to the store, to the library, and occassionally other places - a meeting, lunch with a friend, one movie in the last year! Am I picking up new viruses, or is this all "just" flares?
    Have any of you tried wearing masks and gloves in public?
    Would home care assistance help me rest enough to do things that are important to me? I missed Thanksgiving, Christmas, Yule and welcoming family members home from Florida.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/27/2009]
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

This year as been the worst for respitory problems.

I live in Utah and our air quality has been in the red zone most of the winter. My sinuses and muscus even staying in the house have been bad.

All the pollution and buildings closed up are a big part of the problem.

Do you remember a movie called The Boy In the Bubble? starred John Travolta. Sometimes I think that should be us!

get help if you can
  3. landra

landra New Member

Yeah, if we all went around in bubbles - wouldn't the world be amazed to see how many of us there are?? Due to allergies, I've often felt that a bubble would be great!!
  4. Empower

Empower New Member

I am about ready to wear a mask and gloves in public!

I am just afraid of the stares

I am so paranoid about getting the flu or a bad cold, I am constantly washing my hands or using antibacteria gel

Last year, I got the flu, and was down for 2 months

LISALOO New Member

I got the same thing in Dec,everyone got sick at Christmas. My nieces, bil, hubby. You could wear a germ guard ionizer around your neck. If you wear it backwards it's less noticeable. I wore it on plane rides and stopped getting sick.

I took a lot of olive leaf extract, but I needed antibiotics to get it to go away after a month.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/27/2009]