New Wildfire Photo

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Aug 12, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

in my Bio,,,There are currently 14 wildfires burning in Montana,,,and also some people have lost their homes and live stock! Please pray for these people and all The Firefighters! Thanks! ,,,,,S
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Did you take the photo? Are there fires near you?

Looks beautiful and scary.

3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

14 wildfires in Montana? Holy Cow.

I rode my motorcycle through Yellowstone in the summer of '88, during the great fire there. Unbelievable.
    I hope they're getting them under control.

That's a striking photograph, by the way.

Hope you are doing well, my friend.

4. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi the pictuire almost looks like a painting but it's not
    This picture was in the paper yesterday on the front page,,,,,,so no i didn't take it,,,

the closest fire is still about 20 miles away,,,,The wind keeps kickin' up so just as the fire fighters get some progress going then eighter the wind takes off or eles there are more lightening strikes!,,,,,,,,,,,

There is a whole little Town on Evacuation orders now,,,We Have thoes big shot smoke jumpers in here from the East some where they actualy Parashute down into the fire and do their work,,,,,it will pass i know,,,,,,sis
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Good to hear you Back on the Board! Hope all is well with you too! Holy Cow is right! Probably more than 14 by now! Lots of Planes and H.Copters buzzing over head!,,,,,,The News will be on at 10pm so i'll find out more then!

Montana has alot of wildland so we always have fires this time of year,,, but not to this extent,,,The High temps and no moisture and a few lightening strikes has alot to do with it!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Here are some of the Names of the Fires! Yep they have Names! lolol

Brush Creek
    Joko Lake
    Chippy Creek
    Tin Cup
    Rat-Creek,,,,Theres more! Glad you Got to Ride through Yellowstone! It's a Beautiful Place,,,,S

6. kriket

kriket New Member

That is down right scary looking!!!

7. sisland

sisland New Member

It is scarey lookin! But thank God we have some very Talented Firefighters around to Keep us all as safe as possible!

As of the news cast last night they reported 19 fires all togeather now!,,only one of them is completely contained! Meaning that There is a Trench or a ditch dug all the way around the burning area,,,,,These fires have burned Thousands of acres,,,,,

Mother nature has a way of Replinishing these Burned areas fairly fast after a fire,,,,,

We also get what they call Morel Mushrooms that are edible and highly sot after from the Burned areas,,,almost like Huckleberries,,,,Meaning they can sell for alot of money,,,per gallon!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

I guess something good does come out of something bad after all.