New with a question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gsalyer06, May 11, 2006.

1. gsalyer06

gsalyer06 New Member

Hi,
    My name is Gretchen and I was wondering if any of you have achy muscles. My legs feel achy, similar to what I experience when I have the flu. Does anyone else have this symptom? I'm taking Aleve but it's starting to bother my stomach.
  2. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Every muscle in my body most the time on good days it stays just in my back and neck.
    That's the biggest part of fibro.
    Hope you feel better
    Mary
  3. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

Flu like muscle pain is another joy of fibro. I have found for me that a couple of valerian root relaxes the muscles and gives me relief. I also take Devil's Claw and white willow bark when it is real bad and that helps.
  4. gsalyer06

gsalyer06 New Member

Thanks for your responses. I really want to stop taking pain relievers but when I do, I become so achy that my muscles stiffen up. Do any particular vitamins help? I'm currently taking a multivitamin, 50mg B6 and B12 (can't remember how much).
  5. BethM

BethM New Member

welcome aboard! Yes, the flu-like ache is familiar to all of us with fibro. When people question me about fibro, I ask if they've ever had the flu, and tell them that that achiness is how I feel every day. They usually get it.

I just started taking malic acid again, and I think it's helping. I started a thread about it recently.

Magnesium and calcium are important for us, as well.

You might want to look for Stormyskye's posts as she has written quite a bit about fibro and nutrition.

Peace,
    Beth.

6. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Yes the joys of Fibro is the flu like pain in most of your body parts. My main pain is in my feet, back, arms and hips. My legs feel heavy too, like I were walking in waist high water in the ocean.

TxSongBird